SQLCODE -290, SQLSTATE 55039

steve...@worldnet.att.net

Nov 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/27/98
I hope most of you folks aren't at work today (in the US, anyway)...

My company is conducting a showdown between SQL7 on NT and UDB 5.2
on AIX. My own impression at this early stage is that the IBM package
blows Microsoft away (partly due to AIX's stability/maturity/performance).

Anyway, as DB2 novices, we have run into the SQLSTATE 55039 situation
"Tablespace access in not allowed". This apparently occurred after
someone CTRL-C'd out of a LOAD. I did find a suggestion in Don Chamberlain's
book saying that the database needs to be backed up at this point. However,
we have tried all kinds of reboot/restart this and that and it always says
that backup can't proceed because the database is in use (looks like there
is a very permanent outstanding transaction).

Can someone help me out of this? It won't look good if have to rebuild the
database because of this!

Thanks!

Chris Che

Nov 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/27/98
Hello,

Doing a Control-C in-between a LOAD is very bad.
LOAD is expected to run smoothly with clean data. I can
understand why your tablespace is out-of-whack.

Now, the simpliest way to get out of the inconsistent
situation is:
Load an EMPTY data file to the table.

If it still doesn't work, let me know and we will
try something more complex.

PS. I agree, there is obviously no-contest between SQL7
on NT vs UDB on AIX.

Chris Che
Magellan Software Architects Inc.
IBM Certified DB2 Developer / Administrator

Frank

Nov 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/27/98
Do you have provious backup for database? You are stuck into a very tricky
situation, but if you have backup before, you can get through. I do not know
know whether hit CTRL+D will put tablsapce into load pending status or
recover pending status(you can check it by list tablespaces show detail
command). If it it loadpending , just restart the load, or if it ir recover
pending, you must recovered it from backup image and rollforward to the
point before load. Restart DB or DBm and backup is useless at this point,
cause you TS has broken. You should backup before the load.
steve...@worldnet.att.net wrote in message
<73l55b$43i$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

Chris Peek

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
I definetly agree that loading a empty file is the way to clear it. Here is
a way to check the status of the tablespace.

db2 "list tablespaces show detail" > tsp.out

Then vi this file and search for the tablespace. It should tell you the
status of the space. In your case you should see it in LOAD pending mode.

To clear out a load pending tablespace use AIX's empty file.
db2 "load from /dev/null of del replace into tablename"

Note: Replace tablename with the actual name of the table.

Chris

Ankit

Jan 23, 2014, 5:41:18 AM1/23/14
Hi All,

I am also facing the similar issue and tried all of the above solution.

Still my problem is not resolved,could you please help me out .

Thanks..

Daly mohamed

Apr 13, 2023, 3:10:44 PM4/13/23
select operation,OPERATIONTYPE,START_TIME from SYSIBMADM.DB_HISTORY where tabname = 'tablename' order by start_time desc

si found

Quiesce : "SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039"
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/resolving-phantom-quiesce-db2-and-sql0290n-partitioned-database-using-table-functions

Indique que l'état des espaces table doit être réinitialisé à la normale. Un état de mise au repos ne peut pas être réinitialisé si
la connexion qui a émis la demande de mise au repos est toujours active