Tom Mix Games: Who wrote them?

Larry Greenfield

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Hi all. I was playing my old "Donkey King" the other day (quite an
awesome bit of programming for the CoCo1) and was just wondering...

does anyone know who wrote that game? It was sold by Tom Mix, but
if I remember right, Tom Mix games never said who actually wrote them.
Was Tom Mix a clearing house for different software authors, or were they
all written by the same person? Does anyone know who had games of theirs
sold by Tom Mix, and if possible, who wrote that famous "Donkey King" game?

Always been curious about that.

Note: if you could, please PRIVATE EMAIL me a copy of your answer. The
system (NYX) where I normally read this as a newsgroup is down due to a
hacker attack, and I may not see the answer unless you CC: it privately
to me in email as well. THanks!

Please email to: lgr...@cati.csufresno.edu

PS: Any new nifty RSDOS projects going on? :)
:::::Larry:::::

DLFrance

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

I know one of their authors - Troy Motz. At age 16 he wrote "Gold Finder"
which Tom Mix Software sold. Troy still lives in the Illinois side of the
Quad-Cities and I see his name occaisionally on the news (in the credits,
that is - as "close captioning")

misanth...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2016, 1:37:33 AM11/26/16
Hey there, OK, so back in the day I did play these games, however my old man also used Tom mix software as his tape and floppy drive controllers. And to power our dot matrix printer. The whole mess worked with a " disto " controller that plugged in to our trs80 . What I really want is the true story about Tom Mix. He was the original hacker that could whistle into phones to get free long distance.

Stephen H. Fischer

Nov 26, 2016, 2:10:59 AM11/26/16

The best place to ask is the CoCo group on Facebook.

TRS-80 - Color Computer

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/?fref=ts

We now have 1,326 members with lots of different memories and interests.

Should no one know we have another group of ~ 530.

I will forward your question to the Facebook group.

SHF

<misanth...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Allen Huffman

Apr 11, 2019, 9:21:22 PM4/11/19
Hey Larry! Long time no see. Of course, you posted this years ago so maybe you won't see this. Stevie Strowbridge (CoCoTalk video on YouTube) interviewed the guy who wrote Donkey Kong last year. There's so many of these "unknown" legends that have been tracked down and have been sharing stories of the heyday of CoCo times.