Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

OS-9 functions (need description)

9 visningar

John W. Linville

oläst,
23 mars 2000 03:00:002000-03-23
till
Hi all!

I'm trying to compile the OS-9 ar utility on my Solaris box at work.
The source code is obviously for OS-9, but so far I've had good luck in
getting something compiled. However, I still haven't quite got it
working. There are a few function calls that aren't quite standard that
I was hoping someone could describe for me so that I can either recreate
them or find appropriate substitutes.

strucmp(char *, char *)
strhcpy(char *, char *)
patmatch(char *, char *, boolean)
pflinit(void)

All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

John

Daniel Simon

oläst,
23 mars 2000 03:00:002000-03-23
till
Following the funktion description. I hope this help!
regards
D, Simon
--
__ SimTech Real-Time, Networking and Automation
/ \ Daniel Simon, Bonhoeffer Str. 9, D-52078 Aachen
/ / __ __ mailto:d.s...@simontech.de http://www.simontech.de
/___/_(_/_/ / privat mailto:d.s...@simontech.de http://www.simontech.de
phone: ++49 (0) 241 562411, ++49 (0) 171 5733573
privat phone: ++49 (0) 241 562457
fax. : ++49 (0) 241 562433
Strncmp()
String Comparison
Syntax
#include <string.h>
int strncmp(const char *string1, const char *string2,
size_t count);
Compatibility
ANSI OS-9 for 68K OS-9
State
User System
Description
strncmp() compares not more than count characters from string1 to string2.
Characters following a null character are not compared. The strings do not
need to be null terminated.
string1 is a pointer to a string to compare.
string2 is a pointer to a string to compare.
count specifies the maximum number of characters to compare.
strncmp() returns an integer that is:
. Positive if string1 is greater than string2.
. Zero if string1 equals string2.
. Negative is string1 is less than string2.
Library
clib.l
Strhcpy()
Copy Old OS-9 for 68K Strings
Syntax
#include <strings.h>
char *strhcpy(char *dest, char *src);
Compatibility
ANSI OS-9 for 68K OS-9
State
User System
Description
strhcpy() makes a copy of src in dest.
dest is a pointer to the destination string.
src is a pointer to the source string to copy. src is assumed to have the
high-order bit set on the character byte indicating the last character.
strhcpy() copies the bytes from src to dest until it reaches the null
terminator. strhcpy() then removes the high-bit from the last character and
appends a null byte to the output string.
strhcpy() is used primarily for copying file names from the directory
entries on RBF disks. strhcpy() returns its first parameter.
Note
strhcpy() assumes that dest contains adequate space for the copy. The
calling routine is responsible for verifying the space.
Library
sys_clib.l
Pflinit()
Initialize For Longs Output (Obsolete)
Syntax
int pflinit(void);
Compatibility
ANSI OS-9 for 68K OS-9
State
User System
Description
pflinit() was used on the 6809 C compiler to allow printf() to perform long
int conversions. A dummy function named pflinit() exists here for
6809/68000 portability.
Note
pflinit() is historical and may be removed in a future release.
Library
sys_clib.l

John W. Linville <lin...@earthlink.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
38D9A484...@earthlink.net...

Juergen Killmer

oläst,
23 mars 2000 03:00:002000-03-23
till
Hi John,

just checking documentation-CD.
Here is a small extract:

> strhcpy(char *, char *)
Syntax
#include <strings.h>
char *strhcpy(

char *dest,
char *src);
Compatibility
ANSI OS-9 for 68K OS-9
State
User System
Description
strhcpy() makes a copy of src in dest.
dest is a pointer to the destination string.
src is a pointer to the source string to copy. src is assumed to have
the high-order bit set on the character byte indicating the last
character.
strhcpy() copies the bytes from src to dest until it reaches the null
terminator. strhcpy() then removes the high-bit from the last
character and appends a null byte to the output string.
strhcpy() is used primarily for copying file names from the directory
entries on RBF disks. strhcpy() returns its first parameter.

Note Note

strhcpy() assumes that dest contains adequate space for the copy.
The calling routine is responsible for verifying the space.

> strucmp(char *, char *)
not found
maybe a strcmp, but case-insensive ...

> patmatch(char *, char *, boolean)

not found
no idea ... PATtern MATCH, but no idea what's input/output/function ...

> pflinit(void)
pflinit() Initialize for Longs Output (Obsolete)

Syntax
int pflinit(void);
Compatibility
ANSI OS-9 for 68K OS-9
State
User System
Description
pflinit() was used on the 6809 C compiler to allow printf() to
perform long int conversions. A dummy function named pflinit()
exists here for 6809/68000 portability.

Note Note

pflinit() is historical and may be removed in a future release.
Library
sys_clib.l

It's just the same for pffiit(void). If you would need this function,
just implement as a dummy ...

Juergen Killmer

David M. Graham

oläst,
26 mars 2000 03:00:002000-03-26
till
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:28:32 GMT, "Juergen Killmer"
<juergen...@designa.de> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>just checking documentation-CD.
>Here is a small extract:
>

>> strucmp(char *, char *)
>not found
>maybe a strcmp, but case-insensive ...

As I recall this converted the strings to uppercase before comparing
them.

>> patmatch(char *, char *, boolean)
>not found
>no idea ... PATtern MATCH, but no idea what's input/output/function ...

I beleive this is part of the 6809 C Kreider library.

>> I'm trying to compile the OS-9 ar utility on my Solaris box at work.
>> The source code is obviously for OS-9, but so far I've had good luck in
>> getting something compiled. However, I still haven't quite got it
>> working. There are a few function calls that aren't quite standard that
>> I was hoping someone could describe for me so that I can either recreate
>> them or find appropriate substitutes.
>>
>> strucmp(char *, char *)
>> strhcpy(char *, char *)
>> patmatch(char *, char *, boolean)
>> pflinit(void)
>>
>> All help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> John

Good luck, John.

Knut Grunwald

oläst,
3 apr. 2000 03:00:002000-04-03
till
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:46:37 GMT,
"John W. Linville" <lin...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi all!

> I'm trying to compile the OS-9 ar utility on my Solaris box at work.
> The source code is obviously for OS-9, but so far I've had good luck in
> getting something compiled. However, I still haven't quite got it
> working. There are a few function calls that aren't quite standard that
> I was hoping someone could describe for me so that I can either recreate
> them or find appropriate substitutes.
>
> strucmp(char *, char *)

compare case insensitive
> strhcpy(char *, char *)
strcpy with end of string is unsigned char >= 0x80

> patmatch(char *, char *, boolean)

Pattern Match for shell Syntax like strings.
OS-9/68k contains a system call for that
patmatch("slkjd.djkd.ll", "*.??kd.ll", ?)
The positions may be screwed up, and the boolean i can't remember
(The Manuals (I've got some) are at my brothers home under the roof)
> pflinit(void)
initialize long. was used saved space in 64kByte days. A dummy today.
(hello, world was in the kBytes then. C not Assembler, no shared libs)

John W. Linville

oläst,
5 apr. 2000 03:00:002000-04-05
till
Thanks for this info Knut (and others)! If anyone can remember what the
last parameter of patmatch (the boolean) means, I'd be much oblidged!

Thanks again!

John

0 nya meddelanden