Just for fun - from Juli

juli

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
1. Name given at birth: Elisabeth Juliana but my friends call me Juli or
really close friends call me Jewel. Sometimes the Italians write my name
July - which drives me crazy! Since my mother is Scottish and my father
(deceased) is/was Dutch, I was named after two Queens - but I try not to let
it go to my head.

2. Nicknames: Tex (not my fault! I was born in Texas by accident! Really!),
Jewel - take off on Juli

3. Favorite Word: I have more than one : fuck, buttfucking, va f'an culo
(translated : jump up my ass), ti morti cani (translated : all your dead
relatives are dogs), non rumpere (translated : don't break my balls)

4. Hometown: Houston, Texas (Go Rockets!)

5. Current Residence: Venice, Italy

6. Croutons or Bacon Bits: neither - not part of the mediterranean diet or
regional Venetian cooking

7. Favorite Salad Dressing: extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt,
pepper

8. Shampoo or Conditioner: shampoo and go!

9. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Did I ever tell you the story about
the "horney pirch"? When I used to skinny dip with all my friends (male and
female!) at the pond down on the farm in Texas - these darn horney pirtch
would come nibble at the air bubbles that form in your pubic hairs. Ha! What
a hoot to see people paddling along and then just about shoot out of the
water the first time it happened to them. After a while you get used to the
pirch and it feels pretty neet. Any one else like sex with fish? I skinny
dip whenever I can.

10. Do you make fun of people: Yes - but not in a mean way. I like to think
of it as pullin' their leg. I'd like to pull Rolando's leg a while. When
people pull my leg I tell them "Pull the other one a while, that one's long
enough."

11. Favorite color: red, white, green also purple and blue

12. Have you ever been convicted of a crime: Charged yes, conficted, no.

13. One pillow or two, cotton or feather: Four. Two feather - hand made in
Paris - the really big, overstuffed kind. (BTW - I can't sleep on polyester
blend no-iron sheet! UGH! Only 100% cotton - preferably Laura Ashley -
sleeping in a sea of flowers.

14. Pets: I had horses and dogs and cats my whole life. Now I'm down to
one 22-yr-old cat, Neno.

15. Favorite type of music: jazz, blues, Cole Porter, Gershwin, Tango,
Astor Piazzolla, Andrea Bocelli (his new CD is great!) plus some C&W

6. Hobbies: Internet, cooking (I read cookbooks like some people read
novels), cinema - of course!, young guys ( a relative term - young being
between 26 to 30-something) with big sticks (can that be a hobby?)

17. Favorite Toothpaste: whatever - at the moment I have Colgate

18. Favorite Food: fish, caviar, asparagus, strawberries, ice cream (really
Italian gelato!)

19. Do you get along with your parents: My Mom and I are very close - my
father was a tyrant but I forgave him before he died so I have no
un-resolved feelings

20. Favorite town to chill in: N.Y. (theatre, art, cinema, people, deli!),
Paris (art, music, people, books), Austin, Texas (music, river rafting,
people, cowboys!)

21. Favorite Ice Cream: Brennan's Bluebell Milk Chocolate, Italian panna
gelato (vanilla cream) with fresh fruit on top.

22. Favorite Drink (non Alcoholic): Are you kidding? In Italy! I drink
Prosecco (Italian campagne) - occasionally I get people to bring me rootbeer
or ginger beer from the US.

23. Adidas, Nike or Reebok: Actually I like (and wear) Rockport - but as a
second choice I'd go for Nike.

24. Favorite Perfume/Cologne: Shalimar by Gerlain

25. Favorite Website: http://www.restrooms.org/standing.html For Women - How
to Pee Stand Up - complete instructions and pics - great for Venice where
there are lots of canals and so few public toilets.

26. Favorite Subject in School: history, art, languages (spanish and
french), dance, anatomy

27. Least Favorite Subject: algebra, chemistry

28. Favorite Alcoholic Drink: white wine - Prosecco, cognac, wild turkey -
neet

29. Favorite Sport to Watch: ice skating - pairs and individual

30. Humiliating Moment : wearing a dress that buttoned all the way down the
back and having it come un-buttoned to waist high - who knows how long I
walked around Venice with my nice round buns showing but I've never worn a
dress that buttons down the back since. No one said a thing! I'm sure they
all enjoyed the show.

31.Craziest idea or silliest: I convinced a male friend to let me make a
plaster cast of his face for a mask. He had a thick beard and I didn't put
enough vasaline on his beard and when the plaster set we had to cut his
beard off to get him out of the mask. Oh well, live and learn. Yes, he did
still speak to me afterwards.

32. Say one nice thing about the person who sent this to you: Did Kristen or
Sasha start this thing? I don't know - still they are both really great
grrls. Sasha and I met when she was in Venice and Kristen and I have
swapped intimate details via e-mail so I like them both. I love that they
are witty and have a great sense of humor and auto-irony. I'm still waiting
for Kristen to visit me in Venice.

33. Person you sent this to that is least likely to respond: Probably those
42 people subscribed who are anonymous. I think this is really great. I've
really enjoyed getting to know the "regulars" a little better.