Question on refreshing DFHSIP

Gray, Larry - Larry A

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
Yes, you can replace DFHSIP in SDFHAUTH while CICS is running without
any problems. DFHSIP contains all of the CICS Kernel code and is only
loaded at startup time. Each region would pick up the new version when
it is restarted. This module is CICS. In my libraries it is 800K. If
you do not have enough room in your SDFHAUTH for two more copies, you
might run into problems if you had to backout the update. If you have
not tested this change in a seperate library, I would advise running a
test region against the maintenance before updating your current library
just to make sure it works.

Larry Alan Gray Phone: 336-658-7944
Technical Support Fax: 336-658-2124
Lowe's Companies Inc. Email: Larry....@lowes.com