BMS/GT

MENSAGENS DA LISTSERV CICS-L

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
--- Recebido de KRPDDDT.CICS/RLUIGI 011-31749324 05/10/98 17:55
-> CICS-L(a)UGA.CC.UGA.EDU

Hi

Does anyone use or had any experience with BMS/GT from GT Software?
It seems to be an option for migrating from SDF I instead of SDF II
because BMS/GT runs in CICS while SDF II only in TSO.

Thanks

Luigi Barracco
Banco Real - Brazil

Mark Granger

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
Luigi,

>It seems to be an option for migrating from SDF I instead of SDF II
>because BMS/GT runs in CICS while SDF II only in TSO.
I haven't used BMS/GT, but as a note, the original SDF (I) used to run
under CICS. From SDFII (as far as I know) it only runs under TSO.

If you are migrating from SDFII to BMS/GT, I would expect there to be a
utility to convert the BMS Macro that SDFII would create at some stage
if you store this output.

If you are migrating from BMS/GT to SDFII then you will probably need
the BMS Macros generated by BMS/GT and use SDFII Utilities to import the
BMS Macro's.

Mark Granger

Steve Rogers

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
Hi Luigi Barracco,

We have been using BMS/GT for several years now and are quite pleased
with it! I would recommend it highly.

Steve Rogers
ATPCO
Washington, DC