TMON V2.0 and CICS V4.1 performance

1 view

Debbie Cusick

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
Anyone else have problems in this area? We tried to convert to CICS V4.1 in
the spring while still running TMON 1.3 but performance was so atrocious we
had to back it out. We had heard that performance would be greatly imporved
with later versions of TMON. Well we finally got TMON V2.0 stable enough
for production (that was a huge effort) and put TMON V2.0 and CICS V4.1
into production a week ago.

It has brought the system to its knees. Performance, response time are all
absolutely atrocious. We finally got back to a semblance of normal by
turning off TMON tracing - except that we need this data to see if we are
meeting our service level agreements. Anyone else experience anything like
this and have an idea how to correct it? Anyone else look into writing
their own exit to capture I/O counts and the like?
--
Debbie Cusick

Roland Schiradin

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
Debbie

> It has brought the system to its knees. Performance, response time are all
> absolutely atrocious. We finally got back to a semblance of normal by
> turning off TMON tracing

TMON tracing? I guess you mean the required CICS-traces? The latest
TMO-level offer a TMON-interface for CETR and set only the required
CICS-trace-levels

> - except that we need this data to see if we are meeting our service level
> agreements.

SLA are alsmost based on response-time and I don't see the relationship between

the TMON-response-times (CICS) and the required CICS-traces.

Roland

Debbie Cusick

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
Terminology, terminology. *I* knew what I meant. :-) TMON data collection
is what I meant when I said we had to turn it off to get system performance
back to normal. We do have only the 4 TMON-required level 1 traces going
(MN, EI, IS and DS) though I suspect we will be turning IS off shortly.
We've been talking with Landmark and have gotten a lot of info from them.
Response time and CPU utilization are still not back to old levels but we
are making progress.
--
Debbie

Roland Schiradin <schi...@tap.de> wrote in article