[CHRISTIA] new poetry, "Added Dirt"

Mark

Jun 30, 2017, 3:39:34 AM6/30/17
Looking for the best self I might have left behind.

"Added Dirt"

("The whole body is joined together and connected by every joint and
ligament, as every part effectively does its work and grows, building itself
up in love." Ephesians 4:16)

As time as added dirt beneath my feet the roots
weep more deeply for distant embrace.
Shadows of unaffected laughter, classrooms with morning light,
guitars in a circle and folk songs with unexpected trumpet runs;
all wait in afternoon sun for the reawakening of innocence.

Opinions run too high, anxiety has paid its price. The buds will bloom
without my constant pinching.

The satisfaction of morning roses and an eight-year-old neighbor
who wants a flower to give to give her mom, the boy on stage,
the man unafraid, the father mistaken and the elder still shaken
from the way the earth quakes; all speak in the sunlight
of connections frayed at the edges.

The dark clouds spin by and ego is overpriced. The sun will shine
without my backward flinching.

Come, arms and legs, eyes and ears, take me in and play again.
Come, classmate and peer, soulmate and handshake, hear me and sing again.
Our distances are paper-thin, our barriers self-erected. What have we
rejected,

If not the best selves we once inhabited?

Paper-thin,

mark p.

lamp...@centurytel.net

Mark's Blog

(to be removed from the list, simply reply with the request: "Please
remove". God's best!)

To leave the list, send the command UNSUB CHRISTIA to LIST...@LISTS.ASU.EDU