[CHRISTIA] new poetry, "Simply Put"

1 view

Mark

Sep 13, 2017, 7:15:05 PM9/13/17
Sorry they are all about pain recently.

"Simply Put"

("Blessed are those who endure when they are tested. When they pass the
test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who
love him." James 1:12)

What is my love compared to the trails You have left with
my heart?
Are my faltering steps enough for the race when I know
I once flew faster? There were friends I once would ask,
but now they do not answer my letters.

Pain is the dungeon, depression the iron door, and where is the
something more,
the crown,
the life,
the speed,
the gown of white,
the reed unbroken and the smoking wick
relit?

Which foot should I put forward now? Which direction, and
how do I know when to lay my head upon the grass because
the world is far too fast for the ache that started in my heart and
now has lasted too long in my head?

Can I tell you the truth, Father-I-hope? I am tired of the test and want
to lay my pencil down. Grade me now and let me finish. I'll take an
incomplete if I have to.

Suffering and glory, crowns and crosses; that was Your story, but

I need the alphabet to be flesh. I need the paragraphs to be persona;
the stories to be more than mystery; but my contemporary now.

Visit me in more than my dreams, beyond the page, within the schemes
of my undulating hobby of ache. I wander the fields of my youth,
the days of laughter and acoustic songs, flutes and singalongs,
and I was so much smarter than anyone knew.

Now I know how narrow is the science which pulled the blinds so tightly,
that Your light is the sliver of morning where the dust hangs.
And, simply put, I haven't seen a sunrise since before North Dakota
on the Missouri.

Simply,

mark p.

lamp...@centurytel.net

Mark's Blog

(to be removed from the list, simply reply with the request: "Please
remove". God's best!)

To leave the list, send the command UNSUB CHRISTIA to LIST...@LISTS.ASU.EDU