Managing your subscription to the list CHRISTIA

LISTS.ASU.EDU LISTSERV Server , 16.0

Apr 7, 2018, 9:01:01 AM4/7/18
Sat, 7 Apr 2018 06:00:06

This file is sent to everyone subscribed to the list CHRISTIA on a
regular basis.

List management

How to control the mail you recieve from christia, and how to interact
with the rest of the subscribers.

The easiest thing to do is aim your web browser at:

http://lists.asu.edu/archives/christia.html

and click on the link that says "Join or leave the list (or change
settings)".

Contents

1 What address do I use? 2 How do I UNSUBSCRIBE/SUBSCRIBE? 3 How do I
control the mail that is sent to me? 4 How do I search the archive? 5
What is the Christia Library? 6 Can someone please help me? 7 Where is
the list owner? 8 Where's the mail?

If these fail, try contacting one of the kind people listed in Section
I.6, or the list owner (I.7)

I.1) containing the command SUB CHRISTIA (your.first.name)
(your.last.name) on the first line.

------------------------------ Subject: 3 How do I control the mail that
is sent to me?

To stop receiving acknowledgements that your submission to Christia has
been distributed, send the message SET CHRISTIA noACK to the listserv
processor.

To receive an acknowledgement that your submission to Christia has been
distributed, send the message SET CHRISTIA ACK to the listserv processor.

To receive a daily compilation of the posts on Christia in one single
email, send the command SET CHRISTIA DIGEST to the listserv processor.

To stop receiving daily digests, send the command SET CHRISTIA NODIGEST
to the listserv processor.

To recieve an index of each day's posts on Christia, send the command SET
CHRISTIA INDEX to the listserv processor.

To stop recieving an index and resume regular mail, send the command SET
CHRISTIA NOINDEX to the listserv processor.

To suspend reception of mail from the list (an alternative to signing off
and then on again) send the message SET CHRISTIA NOMAIL to the listserv
processor.

To resume reception of mail, send the message SET CHRISTIA MAIL to the
listserv processor.

------------------------------ Subject: 4 How do I search the archive?

You can go to:

http://lists.asu.edu/archives/christia.html

There used to be a way to search the list via e-mail, but the database
command has not yet been ported to the new environment.

If you want to try anyway (the command may have been ported since I wrote
this), you can do send a message on the following pattern to the listserv
address:

// job echo=no database search dd=rules //rules dd * search kiefer in
christia since 09-01-2000 index print all

Replace the *** with the word(s) in which you are interested.

It is possible to limit your search to a specific time period using the
following modification:

// job echo=no database search dd=rules //rules dd * search *** in
christia from day1-mon1-year1 to day2-mon2-year2 index print all

But last time I tried it (about 2 minutes ago) it wasn't working yet.

------------------------------ Subject: 5 What is the Christia Library?

A library has been dedicated for the purpose of storing large documents
which can be retrieved at the request of members.

To receive a list of the files available, send the command INDEX CHRISTIA
to the listserv processor (Section I.1). Entries look like this:

** GEN01 RUFF ALL CHR V 69 1363 92/03/12 17:49:10 Genesis 1-11 as
theodicy; Three views of Genesis 1 GEN02 RUFF ALL CHR V 68 1106 92/03/12
17:49:16 Darwinism and sc ience GEN03 RUFF ALL CHR V 68 971 92/03/12
17:49:24 Darwinism and Ch ristianity **

To receive, for example, the article on Darwinism and Christianity, send
the command GET GEN03 RUFF (syntax: GET fname ftype) to the listserv
processor. (list...@asu.edu)

Stephen Kingston has made a good portion of the Christia library
available on the World Wide Web. It can be found at
http://elvis.rowan.edu/~kilroy/CHRISTIA/library

------------------------------ Subject: 6 Can someone please help me?

The following people have indicated that they are willing to help people
with technical problems that they are experiencing with Christia. Please
feel free to contact one of them if you need assistance.

Darren Provine kil...@copland.rowan.edu (listowner) Tom Sathre
sat...@ix.netcom.com

{if there is anyone else interested, please send me a note so that I can
add you to the list}

------------------------------ Subject: 7 Where is the list owner?

Darren Provine is the listowner of Christia. He can be reached at the
address listed in section 6 above.

------------------------------ Subject: 8 Where's the mail?

There are several reasons why someone subscribed to Christia isn't
receiving any mail from Christia.

1. Sometimes, the list processor gets busy, or is down because of
maintenance at ASU. It will clear up fairly soon.

2. Sometimes, _your_ site has a computer down, or is having mail
problems. This type of problem usually clears up soon as well.

3. Because of the volume of mail delivery problems associated with
Christia, I have a policy of removing people's subscriptions if I get an
error such as a "mailbox full" or a "user unknown" error. I set
subscriptions to nomail if I get "unable to connect" error messages
indicating that mail has been undelivered for more than 2 days.

If you are not receiving Christia mail, and are concerned about it, the
first thing to do is send the command QUERY CHRISTIA to list...@asu.edu.
If the list processor says that you are not subscribed, it is probably
because of #3 above. You need to resubscribe. If it says that you are
nomail, then you need to set your subscription back to mail (Section
I.3). If you are subscribed, and set to mail, then the problems is
probably #1 or #2 above. If you need some help, contact Darren Provine at
kil...@copland.rowan.edu for assistance.