Manual for TI CBL data logger?

Jilly

Jul 9, 2011, 3:11:33 PM7/9/11
I have an original CBL (not the newer CBL2) but no manual.

Has anybody got one? Is there an online version?

I want to make an external power supply for it - should the power input
just be 6V like the batteries, or is it more complicated than that.

Thanks

fractalbrain

Aug 23, 2011, 2:24:22 AM8/23/11
Yip, the manual says you can power it with 6V DC. Use a 5.5mm OD and
2.1mm ID. I like how there is NO mention about polarity in the book
or the device. I suggest either assume there is a diode inside or
take it apart and check.

mde...@vernier.com

Jul 26, 2013, 3:28:53 PM7/26/13
It is just 6V DC, tip negative, (it isn't any smarter than that.) You can wire the connector directly to a 6V lantern battery.

(The stock power supply was 500mA, it doesn't draw close to that much normally, but depending on what you are plugging into the CBL, (CO2 sensors, motion detectors, etc,) it might surge higher... Obviously more power won't hurt: the CBL2 uses the same plug/voltage/polarity/etc, but 1000 mA, and the power supplies are generally interchangeable, until you start trying to load up your CBL2 with a lot of sensors using the CBL power supply.)