Help! TI-85 won't turn on!

Thomas Edney

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

I was linked with my computer, trying to receive a large program when I
ran out of memory (in the calculator). I checked RAM and there were a lot
of variables and strings and such that I wanted to get rid of to make
room.

At some point the calculator asked me if I wanted to reset, and I said
yes (which I've never done before).

Now, I get no reponse when I try to turn on the calculator. I tried
removing the batteries (inlcuding the little disk shaped one) for about 10
minutes but after replacing them it still won't turn on.

What do I do now?

Thanks for any help.

My email address is walrus at aracnet dot com.
--
Thomas Edney
wal...@spamme.com

Nick Roth

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Check your contrast

Luke Bussanmas

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Thomas Edney wrote:
> At some point the calculator asked me if I wanted to reset, and I said
> yes (which I've never done before).
>
> Now, I get no reponse when I try to turn on the calculator. I tried
> removing the batteries (inlcuding the little disk shaped one) for about 10
> minutes but after replacing them it still won't turn on.

When you reset the memory on a TI-85 you also reset the contrast. Reset
the contrast by using the 2nd Up and Down arrows respectively to
increase and decrease the contrast.

Hope this helps

TTYL

Joseph Gaffney

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

>Now, I get no reponse when I try to turn on the calculator. I tried
>removing the batteries (inlcuding the little disk shaped one) for about 10
>minutes but after replacing them it still won't turn on.
>
>What do I do now?

Did you try changing the contrast (or your batteries)?=20
=3DP

|------------------------------------------------------------|
| Joseph M. Gaffney - gaf...@thethinker.com |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| "Tiocfaidh =C1r L=E1" / "Our Day Will Come" |
| "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face" |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| The Creative Outlet |
| http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/ |
|------------------------------------------------------------|

Sean Lovelace

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

I am wanting to know how to make a picture file. Im new at programming
so all help is greatly needed. Also is there any books out there about
programming on the calculator. Thanks
Sean Lovelace
zzlo...@lincolnu.edu

sohra...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2017, 2:20:09 AM11/30/17
Thank you so much. Didn’t know what was wrong with it after the reset. Thought I broke the calculator for good. THANK YOU!!!!