How do I find the square root of 7 as a decimal with a TI-89 titanium calculator?

mojo...@yahoo.com

Mar 12, 2007, 3:18:04 PM3/12/07
How do I find the square root of 7 as a decimal with a TI-89 titanium
calculator?

When I punch in the square root of 7, I don't get a decimal, I just
get what I entered...

thanks

Message has been deleted

caju...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2007, 9:35:30 PM3/13/07
Instead of hitting [ENTER], hit [<>] [ENTER] (diamond-enter). This
forces the calc. to use APPROX mode for that calculation. If you find
yourself always wanting this, go into the [MODE] dialog and change the
"Exact/Approx" setting to "APPROX".

CajunLuke

vcope...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 9:33:12 PM2/3/16
had the exact same issue when sq rooting 5.
Big help thanks alot Cajun!!!

sdmed...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2017, 5:41:37 PM6/2/17
This really helped me. Thanks!

mike....@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2019, 2:09:07 AM6/17/19
Beautiful!!! Thx!!!

keirab...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2020, 11:38:02 AM3/18/20
How do I type in square root?

Tom Lake

Mar 18, 2020, 5:40:55 PM3/18/20
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 11:38:02 AM UTC-4, keirab...@gmail.com wrote:
> How do I type in square root?

Hold down the blue 2ND key then press the ✖ sign. (it's the 4th key up on the right side of the keyboard)