MBA Forums -- what to bring?

Carla Croissant

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

Hello Everyone!

There is going to be an "MBA Forum" held in Frankfurt (Germany) at the
end of May, which allow potential applicants to speak with
representatives of many different business schools about their programs,
etc. Does anyone have suggestions as to what a potential applicant
should bring along; e.g. business cards, resumes, recommendations? I'd
like to leave them with at least some kind of contact information, but
don't want to seem gauche.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sincerely,

Carla Croissant
carla.c...@erlangen.netsurf.de

Gary M Klein (bear-at-heart)

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Carla Croissant wrote:
> There is going to be an "MBA Forum" held in Frankfurt (Germany) at the
> end of May, which allow potential applicants to speak with
> representatives of many different business schools about their programs,
> etc. Does anyone have suggestions as to what a potential applicant
> should bring along; e.g. business cards, resumes, recommendations? I'd
> like to leave them with at least some kind of contact information, but
> don't want to seem gauche.

I went to one of these a couple of years ago, when I was looking at
my career options, after seeing that my employer was going to deny my
application for tenure.

BRING ALONG pens (so that you can fill out forms) and a large bag in
order to carry home with you all of the handouts, catalogs, and
application forms that the univ representatives will offer you.

If this forum is sponsored by the same people who administer the
GMAT examination, then you might also want to bring along your checkbook,
since they typically will sell several of their books, study guides, and
guides to graduate schools. When you consider that the regular sources
for selling these books typically charge you a shipping fee, you can save
some money if you buy them at the MBA Forum. And again, you need to have
the backpack, in order to carry those books home with you!

GARY KLEIN
gkl...@willamette.edu

Kelly Hearn

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

Reply to: RE>MBA Forums -- what to bring?

i went to a forum in san francisco and didn't bring much. unless you
have
interviews/meetings set up with specific schools, i wouldn't worry about
bringing a resume, etc. business cards wouldn't be a bad idea if you
have
some handy (saves you the time of writing down your address on mailing
lists).

really, these forums are rather informal. i just walked around
collecting
literature and asking questions. have fun.

Kelly Hearn

p.s. if you have pinpointed what schools you are interested in, i would
contact them directly and see if they are conducting interviews/coffee
hours/etc. as part of the
event.

wilian...@gmail.com

May 30, 2013, 11:58:48 PM5/30/13
Valuable discussion! In searching this I got useful information regarding full time global MBA and got its online details also.

http://www.thunderbird.edu/