13 featuring Lester Butler

Leonard Saari

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

Did anyone out there get a chance to see 13 last saturday at the
Cabooze Bar in Minneapolis? I would have liked to have gone, but I
ended up seeing Lil' Ed & Dave Weld with the Imperial Flames at the
Blues Saloon in St. Paul. There was alot of different blues acts in
town last weekend.

Len.

Mark Halverson

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

At 13:09 29.07.97 GMT, you wrote:
>Did anyone out there get a chance to see 13 last saturday at the
>Cabooze Bar in Minneapolis?
>Len.

Yeah, I saw them - at least the first set which didn't get over until after
midnight. They didn't get there until near the end of the opening act, but
did set up quickly and performed a spirited set. They sound pretty much like
on their CD (as oppossed to some of the "over produced" releases which bear
little resemblance to an artist's actual club band). Much like Lester's old
band, the Red Devils. Very light crowd - especially compared to that which
was at the Cabooze when I saw Lester and the Red Devils there in 1993.
Curious opening act. Don Scott. A very good acoustic act, but of a very
traditional vein. Just about on the opposite end of the spectrum!

jjperry

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Leonard Saari wrote:

> Did anyone out there get a chance to see 13 last saturday at the

> Cabooze Bar in Minneapolis? I would have liked to have gone, but I
> ended up seeing Lil' Ed & Dave Weld with the Imperial Flames at the
> Blues Saloon in St. Paul. There was alot of different blues acts in
> town last weekend.

I caught them last week in Lexington, KY and Bloomington, IN. Definately
a band to check out. Lester's stage presence is unique to say the least,
as is his harp style. He just does whatever he feels like at the moment.
Real raw, primal stuff. If he ever comes back your way, don't miss it.

J. J.

"BLUESTIME!" http://ezinfo.ucs.indiana.edu/~jjperry

"Why don't you paint me up a school bus, and let me go
around the country, and every time someone shows up, I
just whoop everybody's ass? Why don't we do that?
That *wouldn't* be stupid."
--Stone Cold Steve Austin

Ryan Hartt

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

In a message dated 97-07-29 09:12:46 EDT, sa...@mindspring.com writes:

<< Did anyone out there get a chance to see 13 last saturday at the
Cabooze Bar in Minneapolis? >>

They are touring? Does anyone know the touring lineup and thier
schedule?
Thanks
Ryan Hartt

tom v

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97
You can find info about 13's touring schedule on the Hightone records
site. I think the url is www.hightone.com
--
Still crazy after all these beers.

Tom V.