Evolution and Magi. CHALLENGE.

K&J Anglesea

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99

Yes, I brought the book , after reading alt.astrology it was recommended.

Not sure if I am correct in this, but didn't the JREF write something on
the
MAGI Society?.

In a book called "Astrology Really Works", written by the Magi Society,
it has the nerve to state:

"As you will learn in this book, because Astrology works, it invalidates
the
basis of the Theory that Evolution is the origin of all species.
Astrology as you will see, is an ally of religion, especially
Christianity and
Judaism".

This is at the end of the first chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I continued reading on, eventhough I fell off my chair in disbelief.

Chapter 2 .
"The Babylonians were interesting people". WOW!!!!.

"They invented the circle. have you ever wondered why there are 360
degrees in
a circle?".

Babylonians used astrology almost 4000 years ago, wasn't the wheel
invented
long before that?.

Chapter 11.

"The Magi society states with complete confidence that because Astrology
works,
the Theory that evolution is the origin of all speices will fall"

Scimming to the afterword.

"We realize that skeptics will not exactly embrace this book.
But we did not write it for them, in part we wrote it to challenge them>
After reading this book, only those skeptics who want to be unreasonable
and do
not want to accept the truth will continue to refute the validity of
Astrology.
We know they cannot meet out challenges".

" When skeptics find out they cannot succeed in meeting our challenges,
they will claim it is not necessary to meet them"
"When they realize they cannot criticize what we have written, they will
criticize what we are".
"Please do not let the skeptics fool you".

WHICH KOOK ON USENT WROTE THIS?.

After reading this book, it has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

At least this book "Astrology really works", doesnt have a lot of indexes.
like
Edmond Wollmanns book.

Not sure what anyone will win, if the challenge is met.

Any takers on the challenge?
To contact them (212) 867-2905.
Somewhere in Manhattan.

All these athletes have Neptune-Sun enhancement.

Martina Navratilova, Jimmy Conners, Edwin Moses, Nolan Ryan , Gaylord
Perry.
Cy Young.

THE CHALLENGE.

In order for skeptics to prove that the Neptune-Sun enhancement is not the
cause of these athletes longevity, they must list ten times as many
athletes
who do not have a Neptune -Sun
enhancement, but who have had careers just as long and just as successful.
We challenge skeptics to do so.

Wayne Spencer

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99

K&J Anglesea wrote:

> Yes, I brought the book , after reading alt.astrology it was
> recommended.
>
> Not sure if I am correct in this, but didn't the JREF write
> something on the MAGI Society?.
>
> In a book called "Astrology Really Works", written by the Magi Society

..[snip]

The book 'Astrology Really Works' was reviewed by Geoffrey Dean in the
Skeptical Inquirer (March/April 1997; 21(2): 46-8). After highlighting a
long series of shortcomings in the book, Dean concludes:

"But whatever our opinion of astrology, unbelievable books like this can
only make it worse. Until the Magi abandon their sermons, stacked decks,
and naive counting, in favour of scholarship, controlled studies, and
adequate reporting, their 'irrefutable evidence' for astrology is evidence
only that crooked thinking is alive and well. Gullibility really works".

Wayne Spencer