A supposedly new millennium and nothing changes...

Dene Bebbington

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
I guess it was too much to hope that the "new millennium" (still the
20th century for those who can count) would change anything. Already the
newspapers over here (at least the Daily Mail, anyway) have started TV
advertising of their horoscopes for this year.

Sigh, the more things change the more they stay the same.

--
Dene

Tim Stevens

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
Dene Bebbington wrote:

Unfortunately, you can be sure that they will shortly be followed by more
psychic predictions and fundamentalist clap-trap about new end of the
world
dates.

Things stay the same because people stay the same: they want easy answers
for everything and don't want to have to think critically or skeptically.

Sigh, indeed.
--
- Tim

******* Aspera ad Astra *******