real-life Altered States?

Steve Janas

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
Hey all:

Steve Janas from the Sci-Fi Channel here again. We're doing another
documentary, this time more directly on the topic of human consciousness
and
its evolutionary antecedents.

It touches upon the states of human and pre-human consciousness that are
buried within the present human psyche. As Jung says, these earlier
conscious forms still exist as archetypes.

What I'm curious about is how psychoactive substances can or have been
used to re-visit these earlier psychic forms. Is anyone familiar with this
topic? Can you refer me to someone who is?

If you recall, this sort of subject was covered in Paddy Chayefsky's
"Altered States." It's a topic I'd like to explore in greater depth.

Give me an email here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Steve Janas
Sci-Fi Channel

Andreas Jonson

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
From: Steve Janas [mailto:Sja...@pacbell.net]

> It touches upon the states of human and pre-human
> consciousness that are buried within the present human psyche.

> As Jung says, these earlier
> conscious forms still exist as archetypes.

If Jung says it, it's a pretty good indication that it's not true.

Ax.