Spanish & other international characters

1 view

Eduard Selleslagh

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
To whom it may concern:

Can any one do something about the present impossibility to represent
Spanish and accented characters on this list correctly? This is a pretty
simple problem of 8- instead of 7-bit and the appropriate code page. It
works perfectly with other e-mail correspondents. In addition, it does not
cause any problems with those only using US-characters.

I know Spanish is not a favorite on this list (and why), but discussing
Euskera without ever mentioning a Spanish name or place or other references
is nearly impossible. I'm getting fed up with renderings like 'EspaQa' and
the like. Even Euskera needs the 'enye', Ñ.

Using e.g. Code Page 850 also enables writing French, German etc.
correctly. For a list dealing with linguistics, this is the least one can
ask for.

Ed.

Eduard Selleslagh
B-9120 Haasdonk (Beveren)