Primus & Les Claypool

PBRA...@uriacc.uri.edu

Oct 26, 1994, 11:14:39 PM10/26/94
Being a big Primus fan, I am somewhat concerned with this whole Sausage thing
that Les Claypool is doing. I like Sausage and all, but I liked Primus better.
I hear rumors that Sausage is only a temporary project for Claypool and that Pr
imus is still together. Does anybody know if this is true. Les Claypool is the
best bass player in the world and I am a big fan, seeing as I play bass myself.
Please get back to me on this. Little known fact: Les Claypool played Leather-
Face in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.
Paul

Gary M. Gettier

Oct 27, 1994, 4:46:48 PM10/27/94
PBRA...@URIACC.URI.EDU enlightens us with:

Hmm, sounds interesting, but not true, atleast for the first one. I have
the movie here and it lists Gunnar Hansen as Leatherface. I don't know
how many sequels there were to the movie, but I suppose he could be on
the other ones.

As for them breaking up, I wouldn't worry about it. Many artists today are
doing that side project thing. The current Sausage lineup was the original
Primus lineup, I believe.

Seeya, g...@clark.net
Gary
"All I know is that if there were no computers, there wouldn't be
any unemployment." - [name withheld to protect the clueless]

MASUDA%SJS...@cmsa.berkeley.edu

Oct 27, 1994, 5:58:39 PM10/27/94
On Wed, 26 Oct 1994 23:14:39 EDT <PBRA...@URIACC.URI.EDU> said:
>Being a big Primus fan, I am somewhat concerned with this whole Sausage thing
>that Les Claypool is doing. I like Sausage and all, but I liked Primus better.
>I hear rumors that Sausage is only a temporary project for Claypool and that Pr
>imus is still together. Does anybody know if this is true. Les Claypool is the
>best bass player in the world and I am a big fan, seeing as I play bass myself.
>Please get back to me on this. Little known fact: Les Claypool played Leather-
>Face in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.
> Paul
>Primus & Les Claypool

I have to agree that Claypool is definitely a jammin' player, but
I don't think he's the "best" player in the world. There's a lot of
other cool bass players out there--Claypool is definitely one hell of
a rhythm bass player and is pretty cool about how good the band actually
is (Primus SUCKS!!!). Even Claypool pays homage to dudes like
Tony Levin (session player, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, King Crimson,
ABWH) and Jaco Pastorius, who did what Claypool does but did it
in a jazz and prog rock situation. Claypool definitely made bass
a fun instrument to tote around onstage, and he added a lot of
panache and flair by making it look so fun to lop and lurch
around onstage (kinda like a Chuck Berry on bass), making
lots of rhythmic crunches and thuds on four or six strings...
On the other hand, playing like Claypool does will not make you a
well rounded player--you can't always do what he does on every
possible tune that you do, unless you want it that way.

Mike Masuda.

The Alchemist

Oct 27, 1994, 7:33:47 PM10/27/94
On Wed, 26 Oct 1994 23:14:39 EDT PBRA...@URIACC.URI.EDU wrote:

>Being a big Primus fan, I am somewhat concerned with this whole Sausage thing
>that Les Claypool is doing. I like Sausage and all, but I liked Primus better.
>
>I hear rumors that Sausage is only a temporary project for Claypool and that P
>imus is still together. Does anybody know if this is true.

Funny, I heard exactly the opposite: Primus is no longer... Sausage is the new
band... But this is also only a rumor.

>Les Claypool is the
>best bass player in the world and I am a big fan, seeing as I play bass myself
>.

Yeah. He truly is. =]

>Please get back to me on this. Little known fact: Les Claypool played Leather-
>
>Face in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.

I did not know that. =]

The Alchemist Anthony Chavez
email: alc...@xmission.com Salt Lake Community College
ftp: ftp.xmission.com:/pub/users/alchemy/ CompuSci Technology Major (AS)

jenn.co...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2013, 12:11:06 AM1/4/13
Yeah, he was not Leatherface, however I do believe that he was the brother of Leatherface (the one who yell's Dog Will Hunt...get that B*tch Leatherface)