[STOCKPHOTO] what do photographers want?

Marc Ashwell

Jan 10, 2007, 4:04:57 PM1/10/07

*Hi All*

I am starting a small niche image/stock library in Johannesburg, South
Africa.

I would like to know what features on a stock library:

A - annoy photographers?
B - could you not do without?

Basically, what would YOUR wish list be on a library, e.g. maintenance
of images, reports, payment etc.

Thanks, and I would appreciate your time spent on answering a couple of
these questions.

*Marc Ashwell*

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___

Dwayne Brown

Jan 10, 2007, 5:54:30 PM1/10/07

Marc,

What kind of niche are you leaning towards? I've also recently built a small independent
stock project called Brownstock, and you never know, there might be some benefit in
chatting.

http://www.brownstock.com

Dwayne Brown

--- In STOCKPHOTO@yahoogroups.com, Marc Ashwell <marc@...> wrote:

> *Hi All*
>
> I am starting a small niche image/stock library in Johannesburg, South
> Africa.
>
> I would like to know what features on a stock library:
>
> A - annoy photographers?
> B - could you not do without?
>
> Basically, what would YOUR wish list be on a library, e.g. maintenance
> of images, reports, payment etc.
>
> Thanks, and I would appreciate your time spent on answering a couple of
> these questions.
>
> *Marc Ashwell*

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___

Renaud Visage

Jan 11, 2007, 5:35:39 PM1/11/07

Hi Marc,

Here is my wishlist for a stock library:
- Online sign up, online contract and online uploads
- No formal portfolio review (let photographers upload any image,
accept/reject images that you like/dislike, discard images that are
poorly scanned or not meeting your technical standards)
- Ability to edit image info online
- View sales in real time (like Alamy)

All stock libraries should look into the workflow used at the
microstocks. I personnally think this is the way it should be done in
this Internet age.

Best of luck with your plans!

Renaud Visage
Architecture / Travel / Stock Photography
ASMP, Getty, Age, Alamy
http://www.renaudvisage.com