Re: [STOCKPHOTO] Cafepress.com

1 view

David Riecks

Jan 1, 2007, 7:54:52 AM1/1/07

At 10:24 AM 12/31/2006, Chuck Goodenough wrote:
>Would an RF license allow a business to use the image on a postcard
>or T-shirt and sell it in perpetuity?

Chuck:

There is no universal answer for this question. I've not looked into
the specifics of any of the "microstock" RF licenses, but IMHO, You'd
have to read the specific terms of agreement for the particular
companies RF license. That said, most of the earlier RF licenses
(PhotoDisc, etc.) which I did take the time to read, did specifically
prohibit the use of their RF licensed images on "items for resale"
such as CD's, Book Covers, notecards, etc. Some companies had a
higher fee that could be paid if you wished to license the image for
these types of uses, but again, this was not something that all had
universally.

David

----
David Riecks (that's "i" before "e", but the "e" is silent)
http://www.riecks.com , Chicago Midwest ASMP member
See the Universal Photographic Digital Imaging Guidelines at
http://www.updig.org
Chairman, SAA Imaging Technology Standards Committee
Creating an image database? visit (http://ControlledVocabulary.com/)
and join the discussion.