[STOCKPHOTO] Scanners for agencies

Ian Murray

Jan 15, 2007, 11:35:12 AM1/15/07

Dear all,

I've found the thread about which cameras certain agencies list as
acceptable/non acceptable interesting. As I understand it Getty film
submissions need to be drum scanned or from a narrow range of expensive
high end scanners only. Do list members find that justifiable or do
some see it as overkill/an artificial barrier?

I use a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro for both 35mm and 120- this is
definitely not on the Getty list of acceptable scanners though I've had
many sales through Alamy from this including double page spreads.

I don't have enough technical knowledge to really have a view either
way. I just thought I'd raise it as a discussion point in the hope of
learning more.

Regards,
Ian Murray