Re: [SUPPORT FOT PKC SIR-BIT MESRA] Ashutosh Singh changed the group description

amit ranjan

Jul 31, 2012, 3:27:28 PM7/31/12
to bit-me...@googlegroups.com, bit-mesr...@googlegroups.com, SUPPORT FOT PKC SIR-BIT MESRA, Reply to Comment
अपने ज़माने में जब  हम  गलियों  से  गुजरते  थे  तो  औरतें  पर्दों  के  पीछे  से  छुप  कर  देखती  थीं, कहती  होंगी, "वो  देखो  इंजिनियर  साहब  जा  रहे  हैं ", आजकल  जमाना  बदल  गया  है, माँ  बाप  सोते  समय  बात  करते  हैं , "अपना  पप्पू  पढाई  में  पीछे  रह  गया  है, चलो  उसको  इंजीनियरिंग  में  डाल  देते  हैं ..."

Hey Folks,
Some of us have witnessed golden statements like these in Mechanical Engineering classes of PKC, the classes which were truly building blocks of career for many of us...

I would request you to please take a moment to review this situation. Sir P.K.Chaudhary has accepted another extension to his tenure at BIT Mesra. From what I understand, he has been asked by the management to relocate to Patna/Deoghar, which he did not like.

I would like to add a bit more to this. BIT Mesra has certainly been growing leaps and bounds by adding more and more extension centers. We have been needing more and more qualified faculty for all these centers. The obvious choice has been to transfer experienced faculty from the main center and hire new members at main center to compensate.

I am in touch with some faculty and from what I hear, most experienced faculty do not like this for their own reasons like family establishments, research/consulting opportunities at Mesra or even future growth prospects. When they are forced by the management, they decide to look for opportunities elsewhere. No wonder, a lot of our most brilliant faculty are no longer with BIT.

The situation is not only limited to Mechanical Engineering Department, but has struck severely on other departments like ECE, EEE and Architectue... In short, in the rush to grow in number, BIT Mesra has been loosing on the quality of education, for which students choose it in the first place. If you have any means to verify, please try and find out, how many of your favorite professors are still there to train the recent batches.

Faculty of-course can not be much vocal about the situation. Existing students have much less influence for obvious reasons. It is only the Alumni of the institute who can really say something about this.

Let us provide maximum support the individuals who are taking initiatives in the matter. Please feel free to throw in your ideas as well.

Thank you and I hope that all of us are conquering the world in our own ways!
--
Best,
Amit Ranjan

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Avinash Rani <notification+ofcd=f...@facebookmail.com> wrote:
Amit Ranjan : please have a...
Avinash Rani 12:50pm Jul 31
Amit Ranjan : please have a look at this and spread the word. thank you.
Comment History
Ashutosh Singh
Ashutosh Singh 2:48am Jul 31
Kush Prasad 'Parsad' right boss..just the names of the papers hv changed now..But we'll definitely include this part in our letter..Plz watch out this space in 10-12 hrs..
Ashutosh Singh
Ashutosh Singh 1:07am Jul 31
Avinash Rani I hv added tedy and rajiv paul, cant get amit ranjan, cn u plz try adding him.
Avinash Rani
Avinash Rani 6:54pm Jul 30
add seniors. contact amit ranjan for support from 2k4 mech
Kush Prasad
Kush Prasad 4:14pm Jul 30
Ashutosh Singh Manish Ladkani Nitesh Kumar Chandan Sharma Rajiv Mupparthi Amit Kumar Pritam Richard Ekka Vabei Chozah Mohit Shukla Avinash Rani Lets go for it and work on the draft letter...and we should make the letter as rational as possible....i mean rahter than using adjectives...we should mention that SOM I, SOM II, TOM I, TOM II, are one of the most basic courses of Mech engg...and his teaching style is unique because he makes the students solve problems in class helping us grasp the concepts...also...we always found his class notes more useful than book on the subject....
Ashutosh Singh
Ashutosh Singh 2:31pm Jul 30
zabardast bhai log..we are coming up with 2 templates..will upload here itself latest by tomorro..
Meantime request all to add as many guys we can.
View All Comments
Original Post

Ashutosh Singh changed the group description to "Dear Colleagues/Friends/Seniors/bros from Mech 2k6 and beyond, Its heartening to know that our College is growing by leaps and bounds. And the scenario is as stable and secure as it should be. Request you all to find 2 min from ur busy schedules for our beloved teacher PK Chaudhary Sir. One of the Best we have ever had in the Mechanical Department in BIT Mesra, PKC (as he was fondly called) has been rendering a dedicated service to the subsequent batches - lively as ever - having already served a 5 year extension for the students he turned 65 last month. The management has requested his services for another 5 years now - a remarkable gesture to the expertise and dedication of the man for whom all of it never mattered. As always, PKC has happily accepted the proposal for extension, mindful of the benefit of few more batches. BUT, The Admin wants him to relocate to Patna/Deogarh Extension Centre for these 5 years. Sir, who has been in Mesra extension for the past 30+ years is not very happy with the admin asking him to relocate to another Centre - at this age. All the present batches have approached Arvind Kumar Sir, the HOD, to review this decision and he's looking into this. This move however hadn't has the desired effect as we all know how it works so long as we are INside BIT. We as passed out batches can come out and request the Admin - through the VC, to kindly reconsider the decision. As a template we can tag these few bulletpoints in each of ours address to the VC : - The Main Centre has a very old and reputed Mechanical Dept revered, inside and outside primarily because of some great profs of all time being the pillars of the Dept - Dr.Ashok Misra, Arvind Sir, PK Chaudhary to name a few. - Chaudhary Sir, who takes up key subjects every Semester, has associated with him so many key concepts which are of great use in Post College Scenario. -Sir, not only explains key concepts well enough, but has a golden touch rendered upon all his students' though processes, which prove beneficial in day to day handling of technical issues. - The Frontliners of AIEEE Exams come to BIT Mesra Main Centre, and what else they can ask for, other than the key concepts of the trade which lasts life long with them. - - The Main Centre has elaborate arrangements for dedicated labs for Mechanical Department, which makes for the best of Both Worlds in terms of tools and teacher - both available for the Best students fresh out of School, who would be the leaders of tomorrow, carrying the legacy which BIT Mesra has always had. May we request you Sir, to kindly use the Golden Expertise which Chaudhary Sir has in the field, in the main Centre itself, so that the lamp of Main Center Mechanical Engineering burns brightly as ever, producing brilliant leaders. Guys, we have to courier/post it to the VC. We'll add the postal info very soon"

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.

samir majhi

Aug 1, 2012, 8:15:27 AM8/1/12
to bit-mesr...@googlegroups.com, bit-me...@googlegroups.com, SUPPORT FOT PKC SIR-BIT MESRA, Reply to Comment
I agree. PKC and RoyChowdhary are the only profs that I admired in BIT. And I wasn't even in a core branch. If profs of this calibre have to leave then the students will be left with substandard teachers.
Let's explain the outcome of trying to expand the college too thin to the management.

Amit,
Would you volunteer to write the draft? I'll proofread it.

Warm Regards,
Samir Majhi