Mathura : The Holy City of NandGaon-Barsana

Arjun Goyal

Mar 26, 2011, 4:54:10 AM3/26/11
to bit-mesr...@googlegroups.com

He played tricks. He knew that the Pandavas would never be able to defeat the mighty Kauravas at the Battle of Kurukshetra. I set out myself on a journey to the towns of Nandgaon-Barsana near the Holy City of Mathura to find more about him.

Nandgaon is part of Braj Bhoomi, the region where Lord Krishna spent his childhood. The festival of Holi is celebrated with a great deal of joy and enthusiasm in Uttar Pradesh. It heralds the advent of spring and adds a lot of color to the lives of the people
. On the day of Holi, the men of Nandgaon go to Barsana (the home town of Radhikaji) and dowse the female folk. They try to take over the temple of Radhikaji. However the women of Barsana resist their attempt to do so…

Find out more as I take you through a Photographic Journey of
  Mathura : The Holy City of NandGaon-Barsana.

Arjun Goyal.jpg

Arjun Goyal
www.arjungoyal.com

--
Arjun Goyal
Final Year Student, Bachelor of Civil Engineering,

Cover.jpg
Arjun Goyal.jpg