Here is the course outline for workshop to be held on 16 august.
1. A very brief introduction to Linux
2. Installing Linux on Virtual Environment using virtualization tool
like VM Ware.
3. Use of terminal.
4. Basic Commands like ls, cd, mv. cp, mkdir, rm etc.
5. File permissions, concept of user groups.
6. Commands like useradd, usermod, chmod etc.
7. Connecting to internet/intranet and installing the softwares.
8. Demo of a fully configured server.
9. Setting up your own DNS and HTTP server using some third party
software. (If time permits)
The workshop will be started from basics. There are no pre-requisites.
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra