Future Plans: What this year has in for us.

Aditya Patawari

May 17, 2010, 3:06:00 PM5/17/10
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
It has been long since I have written mail to this group. I would like to thank all the people who were involved with LUG last year. I would also like to thank our seniors who went through a lot of trouble for LUG, namely AppleGrew, ntweat, dockyard_road and himanshuOjha.
Last year we organized three workshops and had huge response from students with over 180 unique attendees. This year we plan to organize more workshops and go beyond our regular workshops. Here is a roadmap of the tasks to be accomplished.

  1. Let us get our website set. I hope Anmol will handle it.
  2. Rebuild the Fedora Repo. I will complete this task.
  3. Put together the LUG blog. Subodh and Pratyush may handle this.
  4. I plan to start training for competitions like InCTF. It is an ethical hacking contest organized by TIFAC CORE at Amrita Puri, the host of ACM-ICPC. Navaneet Kumar and Aakash Jindal can do this. I too will be involved.
  5. We plan to some non conventional workshops like rpm/deb packaging or something similar. We want to convert you from a user to developer. Subodh and I will handle this with help from Abhishek Kumar Singh.
  6. A workshop on shell and networking. Anshuman and Aakash can do this.
  7. A workshop for beginners, specially for 2k10. Anmol and Pratyush may want to take this one.
  8. A lot of slide shows. I want each and every helping hand here. This is a major task and need a lot of attention.
  9. An information portal on contests like InCTF, GSoC, SoK, FSC etc. (Don't worry if you don't know most of these names). I will handle this.
  10. Try to get some sponsors. I know it is difficult but still try.
  11. ACM is organizing a mentorship program for software development. We would like to help them if required. Anshuman, being ACM president and LUG member can look into this matter.
  12. Try to revive Sun Club. Guys with strong java background are welcomed.
  13. Work closely with other clubs and societies. Everyone who is involved with other clubs too may help.
  14. Have lots of fun and learn a lot :)
As always we welcome all sort of help we can get. Please feel free to contact me if you want to contribute in any way.

--
Aditya Patawari
http://yaps.co.in

Apple Grew

May 17, 2010, 8:26:33 PM5/17/10
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to Aditya and all the LUG members. I have heard abt the BIT-LUG success stories. It feels so good to learn that LUG is still kicking and rocking. Kudos to you all who made this happen.

Thanks and Regards,
Apple Grew
my blog @ http://blog.applegrew.com/

zoom

May 18, 2010, 12:44:11 AM5/18/10
to BIT, Mesra : LUG
Hi,
Awesome work was carried out last year by the LUG, and hoping this
year will be bigger and better. I am looking forward to the next year,
and expecting a lot of work being carried out by the LUG.
About the Mentorship thing, we are banking on you guys. We are
expecting a lot of co-ordination from Aditya, Subodh and Abhishek. The
idea which we discussed about, if possible try to implement it. We
should all sit together and come up with something.
I am looking forward to the shell workshop, because it actually has
been delayed a lot.
And I would like to mention one more thing. You guys could actually
train people in Web designing and LAMP bundle. Becuase our college
does not have a lot of experts on these things.
Thanks,
Anshuman Ansu

On May 18, 5:26 am, Apple Grew <appleg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >    8. A lot of slide shows. I want each and every helping hand here. This
> >    is a major task and need a lot of attention.
> >    9. An information portal on contests like InCTF, GSoC, SoK, FSC etc.
> >    (Don't worry if you don't know most of these names). I will handle this.
> >    10. Try to get some sponsors. I know it is difficult but still try.
> >    11. ACM is organizing a mentorship program for software development. We
> >    would like to help them if required. Anshuman, being ACM president and LUG
> >    member can look into this matter.
> >    12. Try to revive Sun Club. Guys with strong java background are
> >    welcomed.
> >    13. Work closely with other clubs and societies. Everyone who is
> >    involved with other clubs too may help.
> >    14. Have lots of fun and learn a lot :)
>
> > As always we welcome all sort of help we can get. Please feel free to
> > contact me if you want to contribute in any way.

Aditya Patawari

May 18, 2010, 3:28:05 AM5/18/10
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi AppleGrew,
It is always nice to see that you are there for us even after so many years. We are just carrying on what you and ntweat bhaiya started and dockyard_road and himanshuOjha bhaiya nurtured. I hope we grow and exceed your expectations.

Anshuman,
I am sure that LUG members will provide all the help they can to ACM. Yes, I think LAMP training is a great idea. If we start InCTF training, LAMP is compulsory. Even without InCTF we would try to have a workshop on LAMP. Keep suggesting :)

2K8,
I am expecting a lot from you guys. Pratyush, Anmol, Ravi, Vinit, Gaurab and everyone else.

PS: I am still looking for guys with java stronghold. Please get in touch with me asap.
Message has been deleted

Anmol kapoor

May 18, 2010, 11:38:56 AM5/18/10
to BIT, Mesra : LUG
@aditya bhaiya.. we wont disappointe u ... :) ....
@anshu bhiaya.. LAMP workshop is really a good option...
we can always try getting some sponsors this time.. and i hope ntweat
bhaiya will help us.. :)
> > ­>
>
> > > --
> > groups.google.com/group/bit-lug?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

> > --
>
> --
> Aditya Patawarihttp://yaps.co.inhttp://blog.adityapatawari.com/https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adimania
> India
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BIT, Mesra : LUG" group.To post to this group, send email tobi...@googlegroups.com.To unsubscribe from this group, send email tobit-lug+...@googlegroups.com.

Pratyush

May 18, 2010, 3:22:12 PM5/18/10
to BIT, Mesra : LUG
Training for InCTF and "non conventional workshops like rpm/deb
packaging" seems amazing idea.. will be looking forward for it..
and association with ACM club for mentorship program will be really
fruitful for the students..

also 2k10 will be taken care of by us.... :)

On May 18, 12:06 am, Aditya Patawari <adima...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> It has been long since I have written mail to this group. I would like to
> thank all the people who were involved with LUG last year. I would also like
> to thank our seniors who went through a lot of trouble for LUG, namely
> AppleGrew, ntweat, dockyard_road and himanshuOjha.
> Last year we organized three workshops and had huge response from students
> with over 180 unique attendees. This year we plan to organize more workshops
> and go beyond our regular workshops. Here is a roadmap of the tasks to be
> accomplished.
>
>    1. Let us get our website set. I hope Anmol will handle it.
>    2. Rebuild the Fedora Repo. I will complete this task.
>    3. Put together the LUG blog. Subodh and Pratyush may handle this.
>    4. I plan to start training for competitions like InCTF. It is an ethical
>    hacking contest organized by TIFAC CORE at Amrita Puri, the host of
>    ACM-ICPC. Navaneet Kumar and Aakash Jindal can do this. I too will be
>    involved.
>    5. We plan to some non conventional workshops like rpm/deb packaging or
>    something similar. We want to convert you from a user to developer. Subodh
>    and I will handle this with help from Abhishek Kumar Singh.
>    6. A workshop on shell and networking. Anshuman and Aakash can do this.
>    7. A workshop for beginners, specially for 2k10. Anmol and Pratyush may
>    want to take this one.
>    8. A lot of slide shows. I want each and every helping hand here. This is
>    a major task and need a lot of attention.
>    9. An information portal on contests like InCTF, GSoC, SoK, FSC etc.
>    (Don't worry if you don't know most of these names). I will handle this.
>    10. Try to get some sponsors. I know it is difficult but still try.
>    11. ACM is organizing a mentorship program for software development. We
>    would like to help them if required. Anshuman, being ACM president and LUG
>    member can look into this matter.
>    12. Try to revive Sun Club. Guys with strong java background are
>    welcomed.
>    13. Work closely with other clubs and societies. Everyone who is involved
>    with other clubs too may help.
>    14. Have lots of fun and learn a lot :)
>
> As always we welcome all sort of help we can get. Please feel free to
> contact me if you want to contribute in any way.
>
> --
> Aditya Patawarihttp://yaps.co.inhttp://blog.adityapatawari.com/https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adimania

saurabh hinduja

May 18, 2010, 3:36:29 PM5/18/10
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Guys good work nice to see everyone so active..
It about time the lug gets a decent website..
And workshop wow.. I hope everything turns out well.. (zam bit jralous now)..
Who ever is designing the website tell them to get in touch with me..
--
Sent from my mobile device

vinit kumar

May 18, 2010, 3:37:56 PM5/18/10
to bit...@googlegroups.com
yaa this year will be better than last year.
--
Sent from my mobile device

Gourab Mitra

May 19, 2010, 11:32:50 AM5/19/10
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone !!

I can contribute for Core Java , Basic J2ME and RoR

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:06 AM, saurabh hinduja <saurabh...@gmail.com> wrote:

--

Regards

Gourab Mitra