how to use apache in ubuntu???????????

abhi

Oct 18, 2009, 10:53:22 AM10/18/09
to BIT, Mesra : LUG
Sir, i am linux user.this time i am facing the problem of Apache
server.can u tell me how to execute jsp program through Apache in
linux ubuntu.i also have no apache s/w for linux.plz reply me soon.
Message has been deleted

SUBODH

Oct 18, 2009, 11:02:24 AM10/18/09
to BIT, Mesra : LUG
For installing apache : sudo pat-get install apache2

But apache doesn't handle jsp program . For that you have to go for
tomcat :- sudo apt-get install tomcat6

Well,you can also integrate apache with tomcat but if you just want to
run jsp and not having large project then you should go for tomcat.

anil vaish

Oct 18, 2009, 11:28:26 AM10/18/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com
subhod ji thanks! i have run both commands provided by you but still i
am facing problem to execute jsp programs so if u provide me ur
gmailid it will be very benefial for me or you add me in gtalk as
nites...@gmail.com
--
Anil kumar ( BIT MESRA )

SUBODH

Oct 18, 2009, 11:47:47 AM10/18/09
to BIT, Mesra : LUG
Well to check if they are properly installed type 127.0.0.1 in firefox
and if it shows IT Works ,then Apache is up and working
For checking tomcat type 127.0.0.1:8080 in firefox and you will see a
tomcat welcome page.

You can't just just a jsp program by double clicking it for the exact
procedure to run jsp it requires to do some initial settings . For
complete procedure you should download a ebook from lan