Re: BisSNP

Yaping Liu

Oct 22, 2012, 5:03:52 PM10/22/12
to Alain Pacis, bissn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alain,
Sorry for the late reply,m I have just come back from a vocation.

I will change vcf2bed.pl little late, which makes not convenient now…
 i think the problem here is that you have not specified "-stand_emit_conf", by default, "-stand_emit_conf " is 30, so when you specify -stand_call_conf 1, it takes not effect, because it is less than the emit threshold. please just add an option that "-stand_emit_conf 0"
Thanks,

Yaping Liu

PhD candidate
in
USC Epigenome Center

University of Southern California

On Oct 20, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Alain Pacis wrote:

Dear Yaping Liu,

My name is Alain Pacis and I am Master's student in bioinformatics at University of Montreal with Dr. Barreiro.
I am currently working on the dendritic cell (DC) methylome to find changes in DNA methylation before and after infection to Myobacterium tuberculosis (MTB).
I started using BisSNP to get both the SNPs and methylation data from my bisulfite-treated sample aligned using Bismark (~10X coverage).

The problem is that the FILTER column for both snp.raw.vcf and cpg.raw.vcf output files doesn't indicate "PASS" and therefore vcf2bed.pl won't work unless that column indicates "PASS".
I even put the parameter stand_call_conf = 1 but it still did not work.
I used the following command:
java -Xmx48g -jar /RQusagers/pacisala/barreiro_group/ALAIN/BisSNP/BisSNP-0.73.jar -R /RQusagers/pacisala/barreiro_group/ALAIN/BisSNP/hg19_rCRSchrm.fa -T BisulfiteGenotyper -nt 12 -stand_call_conf 1 -I NEG81.adapt.fastq_bismark.sam_deduplicated.header.sorted.realigned.recal.bam -D /RQusagers/pacisala/barreiro_group/ALAIN/BisSNP/dbsnp_135.hg19.sort.sorted.again.vcf -vfn1 cpg.raw.vcf -vfn2 snp.raw.vcf

Thank you.

--
Alain Pacis

Raphaël Poujol

May 30, 2014, 4:26:09 PM5/30/14
to bissn...@googlegroups.com, vap...@gmail.com
HAHA ! Hi Alain (I had to comment the line 47 to make it run)

So you are using BisSNP now ?

Yaping Liu

Jun 3, 2014, 1:45:19 PM6/3/14
to bissn...@googlegroups.com, vap...@gmail.com
Where did you download vcf2bed.pl from SVN repository or website?
I just wondering if i forgot to update the newest version perl script.

Yes, the center is using it right now. But we have several different version for different purpose..

yaping

Raphaël Poujol

Jun 5, 2014, 11:07:02 AM6/5/14
to bissn...@googlegroups.com, vap...@gmail.com
Hi Yaping !

It s because I don t have PASS in any of my vcf as you notice in an other thread.
I am trying to recalibrate my alinment file in case missing this step was important.
How do you explain that PASS is totally absent of my data ?

thanks

Raphael

Raphaël Poujol

Jun 5, 2014, 11:15:28 AM6/5/14
to bissn...@googlegroups.com, vap...@gmail.com
Sorry, it s -stand_emit_conf 0 !

Yaping Liu

Jun 5, 2014, 7:40:33 PM6/5/14
to bissn...@googlegroups.com, vap...@gmail.com
Exactly!

Barbara Zambiasi Martinelli

Feb 1, 2016, 10:56:07 AM2/1/16
to bissnp-help, vap...@gmail.com
Hi all,

So should I just comment the line 47 of vcf2bed.pl ? I did it and it is working, but I want to make sure that this is the solution for the problem in the script, returning a reliable result.

Thanks in advance,
Barbara

ping

Feb 1, 2016, 2:50:13 PM2/1/16
to bissn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barbara,
Yes. If you want to export all of the location in your vcf file.

yaping

Yaping Liu, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Associate
Manolis Kellis Lab
Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

Barbara Zambiasi Martinelli

Feb 1, 2016, 3:08:18 PM2/1/16
to bissn...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is the case. Thank you very much, Yaping.

Barbara