vcf2bed

sco...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2015, 12:36:25 PM3/25/15
to bissn...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I used vcf2bed to transform methylation and SNP calls and the bed file I get has much less rows than the calls in the vcf file. All the rows in my vcf is PASS. With a similar utility from bedops I get different results. Do you know why this might happen?

Thanks in advance,
Anna

ping

Mar 25, 2015, 1:33:12 PM3/25/15
to bissn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anna,
Vcf2bed.pl is used to transform methylation vcf to bed format. When CG position is confidently called by its non-bisulfite converted strand, it may not have reads in bisulfite converted strand to calculate methylation level. So this will be omitted in the final bed file.

Yaping

Yaping Liu, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Associate
Manolis Kellis Lab
Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard