Problem with service in bisque

satish yadav

May 4, 2020, 10:18:13 PM5/4/20
to bisque bioimage
Hi Kris

I am trying to re-activate the google-maps service for bisque.
Things I have done so far
1) Updated the googlemaps API (kept is unrestricted) in the site.config file
2) Minor changes in the bqcore/bq/core/maps.maps.js file
3) On tracing back the code changes, i found out Dimitri made googlemaps optional, as in only when the use click on "Map" in the tabs
and the image has GPSInfo. Then only it is suppose to trigger the googlemaps load.
4) Now when i upload an image with GPSInfo --> and opens the "map" tab, I am not able to load the map, though i am getting a hit on "Google Cloud platform" Map API access.
5) I checked the code but can not find the missing link.
Files checked : bisque/bqcore/bq/core/public/js/map/map.js
Client_service.py
client_service/templates/view.html

Can you please point me here, what i might be missing?

Thank you
Satish

kgk

May 4, 2020, 11:21:44 PM5/4/20
to bisque-...@googlegroups.com

I believe google has changed the map API since the code was written and has either deprecated or does not even support the old style.
It probably should be re-written against the new google map API.  I really don't know what this would take.  Since we are extracting the gps coordinates from the images, it may just mean updating to use the latest google map entry point.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,
Kris

Kristian G. Kvilekval (kkvil...@gmail.com) 805-636-1599

satish yadav

May 5, 2020, 1:53:44 PM5/5/20
to bisque bioimage
Hi Kris

Thank you so much for quick reponse.
I have updated the code for google API Version 3. Can you tell me, what tag do we look for in image to use the GPS co-ordinates?
Coz i tried multiple tags but none is good.

Satish