question about getting XML for Dataset membership

Matt O'Brien

Mar 22, 2018, 10:25:59 PM3/22/18
to bisque bioimage
Hi all,

1) Why can't I use the search interface to find images by their unique id?

This gives me no results:

2) With the Python API, what kind of query can I use to retrieve the XML of images that belong to a Dataset?

Something like this works for tags:

`result = bq.fetchxml('/data_service/image?tag_query=upload_datetime:20171206*')`

but since there is no tag for Dataset membership, how would I fetch the XML?

Thanks
Matt

Dmitry Fedorov

Mar 25, 2018, 2:44:29 PM3/25/18
to bisque-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

1) Why can't I use the search interface to find images by their unique id?

This gives me no results:

You can, in fact when you hover over the search box a description of the query language pops-up. You were searching for a tag name "resource_uniq" with a value. And in fact you need to search for an attribute, so the right query should be something like: @resource_uniq:00-mc3PVTNHXwK3zcLAGMTihY

2) With the Python API, what kind of query can I use to retrieve the XML of images that belong to a Dataset?

Something like this works for tags:

`result = bq.fetchxml('/data_service/image?tag_query=upload_datetime:20171206*')`

but since there is no tag for Dataset membership, how would I fetch the XML?

If you are asking how can you query for images within a dataset then you can simply do a tag_query based on the dataset UUID, like this:

/data_service/DATATSET_UUID?tag_query=upload_datetime:20171206*

--

Dmitry Fedorov Levit <di...@dimin.net>
Web: http://www.dimin.net/