Advertising our group

Elena McBride

Feb 13, 2008, 12:27:30 PM2/13/08
to Birmingham OLPC User/Interest Group (AL)
Hi there!
Last night's TechMixer Expo was a tremendous success! There was a huge
amount of interest at the Birmingham Area Linux Users booth where we
had 5 OLPCs on display for people to check out. Many flyers with
information about this group were distributed throughout the evening,
so I guess you could say our group is officially launched!

I've added information about our group to the list of XO Giving/Users
on the OLPC wiki (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Giving/Users) and will
be looking for other places to advertise our group.

In addition, I am going to be contacting OLPC to see what support they
can offer and what developer tools we can get access to.

I will keep you updated and please do let me know if you have any
other ideas on getting the word out about our group.

Best Regards,
Elena McBride

Elena McBride

Feb 13, 2008, 12:51:51 PM2/13/08
to Birmingham OLPC User/Interest Group (AL)
Update: Added our group to a list of groups on "OLPC News Forums" -
http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

This is a great site with tons of information and discussion about
OLPC and XO.

EM