Family Tech Day General Set-Up Information & Updates

Russ McClinton

Mar 7, 2008, 11:01:47 AM3/7/08
to in...@familytechday.com

Greetings!

Family Tech Day is only a few weeks away and I would like to give you some general information on what to expect.  We are excited to have each of you participate in this great community technology awareness campaign and we believe it will become a great asset to the Greater Birmingham community.  Our marketing campaign has officially started on television, radio and through grass roots efforts and we are expecting a great turn-out.

Attached you will find a PDF version of this letter which also includes a list of our sponsors, participating vendors and supporters.  In addition you will find the latest Family Tech Day flier and one of three press releases from the City of Birmingham Mayor's Office Division of Youth Services (DYS).

Set-Up

We will be given access to the facility at 8:00 am, March 29, 2008.  If you need to set up earlier I will be at the facility, Friday, March 28, 2008 between 2:30 pm – 8:00 pm for general set up.  When you arrive on the day of the event your display will be labeled with the name of your organization. We ask that all vendors have their displays set-up no later than 11:00 am, Saturday, March 29, 2008 as doors will open promptly at 12:00 noon.  Each vendor area will have the following:

  • Display Table with (2) chairs
  • Wireless Internet Access
  • Table cloth

If you need additional tables or chairs please let me know as soon as possible and I will look into making the necessary arrangements.

In addition we are asking all vendors to consider participating in the following Family Tech Day activities.

Family Tech Day Gift Bags

We will fill 1000 gift bags with promotional items from any vendor that wishes to participate.  We ask that you have any items you wish to include in the bags to me no later than March 27, 2008. This will give our staff amble time to fill the bags with all promotional items.  Bags will be given to the first 1000 registrants.

Display Drawings

If you are interested in participating in the Family Tech Day drawings please let me know as soon as possible.  An event host will walk to each participating vendor with a wireless microphone and conduct a drawing for the item you wish to giveaway.  Prize winners will be selected from the registration forms.

Tech Book Giveaway

If you have any old computer and technical books and have no use for them we ask that you bring them to the event.  We would like to pass these items on to young readers that express an interest in technology and furthering their technical knowledge.

If you have any questions or requests please contact me as soon as possible. We are working extremely hard to make this a successful event for all!

Russ McClinton                                     Desk: (205) 445-8603                 Email: russmc...@gmail.com

Family Tech Day Coordinator                  Mobile: (205) 218-0605               Web: www.familytechday.com

FamilyTechDayGreetings-3-7-2008.pdf
FamilyTechDay-NewFlier.pdf