webcam hack _ swarm bot cv data com

Matthew DeBlock

Jun 28, 2015, 1:31:27 PM6/28/15
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
https://youtu.be/ukg9phC1_0s

Video description and first demo

So here is a fun one that might find some use.

By exploiting timing delay between pixels and low exposure time of a digital webcam many bits of data pulse can be crammed into a single frame

It seemed a bit silly to me too at first, was just doing it for fun. but it turned out to have many unique advantages.. like

Low processing overhead
Immunity to spacial and viewpoint distortions
Signal origin as well as signal value

I think it wlmight be useful for bots.. particularly swarm bots :)

Any ideas?
Source code to come. Experimental and messy. Will clean up and add links to video soon.

Matt
Www.dscript.org  _mad science and strange inventions_