Fw: (delhibirdpix) Re: A mystery crow ?

satish ranadive

Nov 16, 2014, 8:34:21 AM11/16/14
to keralabirder, birdpho...@googlegroups.com, india nature, delhibirdpix

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:24 PM, satish ranadive <satishra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:22 PM, satish ranadive <satishra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Inskipp,
Attached are two images of Raven taken in 2008. According to literature this has been spotted there by me after about 50 years after it's last documentation.However I do not have the exact date with me. Probably you might be having .Please let me know exactly aftre how many years I have respotted it there.
With Warm Regards,
Dr.Satish Ranadive.Pune, Maharashtra.

On Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:49 PM, Tim Inskipp <tim.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

The bill is much too large for a Large-billed Crow, especially of the local race (species?) Indian Jungle Crow C. (m.) culminatus. IMO it's clearly a Punjab Raven C. (corax) subcorax, of which I have just been viewing another image from Chandigarh by Jasbir S Randhawa. Although not mapped from this area it was recorded in the past by Whistler (1918, JBNHS 25) who saw a few individuals in Ambala district and noted that Beavan in 1866 had found it fairly widespread in winter and found one nest in March.

On Saturday, 25 July 2009 12:11:42 UTC+1, Suresh C. Sharma wrote:
Please see this mystery crow - looks like a Carrion Crow (orientalis race).

Photo taken by Mr Narbir Kahlon, 27 October 09 at Panchkula Garbage Dump (Chandigarh region),
India.

Best,
Suresh C Sharma
Haryana, India