[Birding-Aus] Birdline Northern Territory Weekly Update

notifi...@eremaea.com

Mar 25, 2012, 11:30:28 AM3/25/12
to birdi...@vicnet.net.au

Birdline Northern Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 25 Mar 2012.

Fri 23 Mar Australian Shelduck, Grey Teal, Hardhead Leanyer/Sanderson Sewage works
Australian Shelduck 1 Grey Teal (2) Hardhead (100) Probably 100 of this species. Second most abundant species after wandering whistling duck
Alastair Smith

Mon 19 Mar Australian Painted Snipe Jervois Dam (previously Petrocarb Dam)
Australian Painted Snipe (1) single female feeding along side of dam; allowed me to approach on 3 separate occasions to within 5 m; while facing me she would raise wings overhead like an umbrella to ?hide (see attached photo); after a while she gave this up and started feeding again
Michael Green

Birdline Northern Territory is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.

notifi...@eremaea.com

Apr 1, 2012, 11:30:32 AM4/1/12
to birdi...@vicnet.net.au

Birdline Northern Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 1 Apr 2012.

Sat 31 Mar Mangrove Golden Whistler, White-breasted Whistler Mangroves - Coconut Grove
Mangrove Golden Whistler (2) Male and female. White-breasted Whistler (2) Two one female. A second bird was possibly a female too.
Alastair Smith