[Birding-Aus] FLOCK BRONZEWING IN NUMBERS AROUND WINTON

robert burgoyne

Apr 2, 2012, 7:27:29 AM4/2/12
to birdi...@lists.vicnet.net.au

Saw good numbers of Flock Bronzewing from about 72km south to 15km north of Winton on Landsborough Hwy today 2/4 (0900 to 1000). Have only seen one in all my time in the Alice (26 years) so good to see them breeding up in response to the good conditions and spreading out from their usual area around Boulia. No doubt about ID, one flew across road 10 metres in front of my vehicle, others flew parallel to the road 20-30 metres away showing facial features well and I saw others in small flocks of 4 or 5, to 100 metres off both sides of the road. Hopefully Night Parrots are breeding up too!
Rob Burgoyne

to: birding-a...@vicnet.net.au

http://birding-aus.org