Fail to load module

Ruike Zou

Apr 30, 2021, 2:13:07 AM4/30/21
to BioXTAS RAW
Hello, Bioxtas RAW

When launched RAW.2.1.0 on ubuntu20.04 LTS, the terminal show that two modules were failed to load (error 1). I tried to install Related procedures,but the modules still didn't work(maybe I spelt wrong installation command, XD, command: sudo apt-get install libatk-adaptor libgail-common)

error 1:
deku@deku:~$ bioxtas-raw
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
Gtk-Message: 11:54:13.699: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 11:54:13.703: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

In addition, when I made a mask of my SAXS picture, RAW.2.1.0  shut down Suddenly and terminal show gtk-warning (error 2). I was wondering if some dependent libraries are not installed.

error 2:
(bioxtas-raw:76674): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:54:16.196: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-question' for stock: 加载用来载入图像的模块失败:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsvg-2.so.2: undefined symbol: cairo_tag_end

Would it be convenient to guide me to solve these problems?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!

best regards.

Jesse Hopkins

Apr 30, 2021, 8:51:57 AM4/30/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Off the top of my head, I'm not sure what's causing the crash. But I'll set up an Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine, do some testing, and get back to you.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

Jesse Hopkins

Apr 30, 2021, 3:30:11 PM4/30/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
So this appears to be an Ubuntu specific issue with the way some dialogs are being created and destroyed. It also appears to be an issue not necessarily with RAW but with the underlying GUI toolset. I've reached out to the folks who support the toolset for help, and I'll update when I know more about what's going on. For the record, this will occur with the prebuilt version or if you build from source. It also occurs with the prebuilt version on Debian, because that .deb package was made on Ubuntu.

If you're interested in more details, I've started a ticket for it here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/bioxtasraw/issues-tracker/254/

I also have some ideas about how I might be able to work around it in the short term. I will pursue that next week and see if it works.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

Jesse Hopkins

May 3, 2021, 11:00:26 AM5/3/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
I was able to diagnose and fix the issue. Since this is a critical bug, and could affect a few other parts of the program besides masking, I'll release a new version soon (hopefully later this week) with this fix. In the meantime, you could download the latest code from the git and run it from source:

This was a bug introduced in 2.1.0, so you could also revert to 2.0.3 while waiting for the new release:

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

Jesse Hopkins

May 5, 2021, 2:07:46 PM5/5/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com, zour...@gmail.com
I've just released version 2.1.1 which fixes this issue.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

Ruike Zou

May 5, 2021, 10:27:43 PM5/5/21
to BioXTAS RAW
Thanks for your quick feedback.
Follow your advice, I am downloading RAW 2.1.1 to process datas.
I am glad to give any issue I met for the improvement of RAW. XD

best regards.

Ruike