Exporting GNOM PDF files

Alvin Chang

May 18, 2022, 12:47:59 AM5/18/22
to BioXTAS RAW
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there was a way to export GNOM PDF data into a csv or text file.
I am able to save the data as an image file from BioXTAS RAW. When I export as an out file and open the out file, I can also only export the data as an image file.
Just wondering because I was wanting to plot the data using ORIGIN.
Thanks for the help!

Best,
Alvin

Jesse Hopkins

May 18, 2022, 10:52:52 AM5/18/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alvin,

The .out files are just a text format. You can open them in a text editor (e.g. Notepad on windows), import them into excel as space separated values, etc. I don't use Origin, but I'm guessing you can either import them directly as space separated text, or you could import it into excel, clean up the formatting, and then save that as, e.g., a csv, and import that into Origin.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Deputy Director
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

Richard Gillilan

May 18, 2022, 11:10:18 AM5/18/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
I’ve got a simple python code to parse the .out files for plotting if anyone wants it.

Richard

Jesse Hopkins

May 18, 2022, 11:14:48 AM5/18/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
If you want to use python you could use the RAW API to load the .out file, and then get the parsed results from there. It would be pretty easy. You can see an example here of how you would load an IFT and retrieve the P(r) function and the fit data as numpy arrays in about 12 lines of code:

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD