Unexpected error - SEC-SAXS analysis

Alina Kulakova

May 26, 2021, 6:55:17 AM5/26/21
to BioXTAS RAW
Hello Bioxtas RAW developers,

When I try to define buffer automatically, or when I define it manually and press set buffer, program crashes and gives me the error: 'An unexpected error has occured, please report it to the developers. You may need to restart RAW to continue working' (I attach the screenshot for the further details). When I restart the program and try to do it again, I have exactly the same problem and cannot go further with SEC-SAXS data analysis. This only happens with the data collected at DESY (Hamburg, DE), the data from ESRF (Grenoble, FR) works just fine.

Best regards,

Alina
Error.PNG

Jesse Hopkins

May 26, 2021, 8:56:34 AM5/26/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alina,

What version of RAW are you using?

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

<Error.PNG>

Jesse Hopkins

Jun 2, 2021, 6:12:03 PM6/2/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
We resolved this off the list, but just for the record, the issue ended up being that profiles in the series had different numbers of q points. In general. RAW expects every profile in a series to have the same q points, and most of the algorithms for processing series data depend on that assumption.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD