RAW on Apple silicon

jesse.b...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2021, 5:37:31 PM12/10/21
to BioXTAS RAW
Hi folks,

I've just recently acquired a development machine with an Apple M1 chip. I seem to have a working version of a complied RAW.app for the new Apple silicon architecture (arm64). If anyone out there has a machine with an M1 chip and wants to test the build for me that would be appreciated, as it would be nice to know if it works on machines besides my test box. As a bonus, it ought to be faster then running the currently available .app from sourceforge (which is intel/x86_64) because it's not going through the rosetta2 emulator.

Anyways, if you're interested let me know and I can send you the app package.

Also, for those interested, I can provide you with advice on how to build from source with an M1 chip, but it's a bit roundabout at the moment because not all the packages have arm64 or universal2 wheels, so you have to build a few of the dependencies from scratch.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD