Maybe there is a bug.

SAZANAMI YAMANASHI

Jun 20, 2023, 1:51:58 AM6/20/23
to BioXTAS RAW
When I click Dnoe after centering/calculation, a window appears and shows the message following below.
An unexpected error has occurred, please report it to the developers.
System: Windows-10-10.0.22000-SP0
RAW version: 2.2.0
Prebuilt: True

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx\core.py", line 3427, in <lambda>

  File "bioxtasraw\RAWImage.py", line 1316, in _drawCenteringRings

  File "bioxtasraw\RAWImage.py", line 1486, in clearPatches

TypeError: 'ArtistList' object does not support item deletion

Besides, when I choose Tools→Masking after centering/calculation, there is also an Erro window and all of the center and SDD information lost. The Erro is following below.

An unexpected error has occurred, please report it to the developers.
System: Windows-10-10.0.22000-SP0
RAW version: 2.2.0
Prebuilt: True

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "bioxtasraw\RAW.py", line 2034, in _onToolsMenu

  File "bioxtasraw\RAW.py", line 802, in showMaskingPane

  File "bioxtasraw\RAWImage.py", line 1486, in clearPatches

TypeError: 'ArtistList' object does not support item deletion

Jesse Hopkins

Jun 20, 2023, 10:54:28 AM6/20/23
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. I've been able to verify that this is indeed a bug in the prebuilt versions of RAW 2.2.0 (related to changes made in the latest version of matplotlib) that prevents some masking and calibration functions. For the moment there are two options that will allow you to do centering and calibration. First, you can revert back to the previous version of RAW (2.1.4), available here:

Second, you can install RAW from source (https://bioxtas-raw.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install/win_detailsource.html) and make sure that you use a matplotlib version <=3.5.3.

I'll try to get a fix for this soon.

All the best.

- Jesse