Issues with the Baseline correction

Harsha R

Mar 18, 2022, 6:51:14 PM3/18/22
to BioXTAS RAW
Hello Bioxtas RAW developers,

I performed a SEC-SAXS experiment recently and found that the SEC-SAXS showed a constant drift.

When I tried doing the outlined steps for baseline correction, as per the Bioxtas RAW user manual, I find that I do not get a baseline corrected data set at all, and do not see the linear baseline curve in the subtracted data set tab. (Explained as follows)

Here is the data,

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 6.41.36 PM.png

Data with the buffer and baseline ends set,

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 6.43.46 PM.png

And finally, upon clicking the 'Set baseline and Calculate' Tab, I see the following result which is basically nothing.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 6.43.54 PM.png

I am not sure what could be the issue here.
Any explanation or help from the developers or other users would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance,

Harsha Ravi

Jesse Hopkins

Mar 18, 2022, 7:32:24 PM3/18/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harsha,

What version of RAW are you using? What OS are you using?

Without providing any error message it's hard for me to say what's going wrong. What should happen is you click the set baseline button, then a window pops up to tell you it's calculating, then it will automatically change to the baseline correction tab when it's finished. Does any of that happen? How long do you wait for the baseline correction?

If you send me your data I can test it on my machine and see if there's something specific to your dataset.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Deputy Director
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

Harsha R

Mar 21, 2022, 11:36:47 AM3/21/22
to BioXTAS RAW
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using RAW 2.1.1 and MacOC Catalina 10.15.7.
I get the following error when I try setting the baseline correction for my data,

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 11.28.45 AM.png

I am attaching a link to my data if you want to look at it,

Thanks again for the help,

Best,

Harsha

Jesse Hopkins

Mar 21, 2022, 11:39:45 AM3/21/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harsha,

That's a warning not an error. Just click 'Continue' and it will carry out the baseline correction. See steps 7-9 of this tutorial:

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD