Question about unexpected error with baseline corrected EFA

Feng Yu

Jul 23, 2024, 7:30:11 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to BioXTAS RAW
Hi Jesse,
I am trying to do a baseline subtracted EFA analysis and following error come out. Could you help me with this issue?
Thank you.
Best
Feng Yu

An unexpected error has occurred, please report it to the developers.
System: macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit
RAW version: 2.3.0
Prebuilt: True
ATSAS version: 3.2.1

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx/core.py", line 3427, in <lambda>

  File "bioxtasraw/RAWAnalysis.py", line 18601, in updateRangePlot

UnboundLocalError: cannot access local variable 'plot_secm' where it is not associated with a value

Jesse Hopkins

Jul 24, 2024, 5:45:21 PM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Feng Yu,

Before getting to the error, I don't recommend using EFA with a baseline subtracted dataset, that causes all kinds of difficulties. If you need to do deconvolution and correct for a changing baseline you should use REGALS on the subtracted (but not baseline corrected) data and include one or more components in the REGALS deconvolution for the baseline.

I was able to confirm that the error you reported occurs with a baseline corrected dataset that I have (which I don't typically test for EFA or REGALS). I appreciate the bug report and will make a fix available in the next version of RAW. For the moment, please only do EFA on subtracted datasets, which is the recommended approach.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD