RAW 2.1.3 released

jesse.b...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2022, 3:47:50 PM6/6/22
to BioXTAS RAW
I'm pleased to announce the release of RAW version 2.1.3. This version contains a single bug fix:

  • Fixed a bug that could prevent data from loading into RAW after the RAW window was dragged between two monitors.

It's not clear how prevalent this bug was, but given the potential severity it warranted a quick fix/release.

NOTE: As of now, RAW is not compatible with ATSAS 3.1.0, which is currently available for download as a pre-release. This is because ATSAS 3.1.0 is currently missing several important programs, such as some of the DAMAVER set of tools, so we can't test against that. Once ATSAS 3.1.0 is officially released we will update RAW to support it. The same may apply to the 3.2.0 pre-release, we haven't been able to test that yet.

All changes:

  • Fixed a bug that could prevent data from loading into RAW after the RAW window was dragged between two monitors.

DTD2 LAb

Jun 9, 2022, 10:53:44 PM6/9/22
to BioXTAS RAW
Dear all,

I am new to BioXTAS. I have tried installing the latest as well as the earlier versions but I am unable to run the program. I am getting the following error message while program initiation.

An unexpected error has occurred, please report it to the developers. You may need to restart RAW to continue working.

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx\core.py", line 2326, in Notify

  File "wx\core.py", line 3532, in Notify

  File "bioxtasraw\RAW.py", line 15813, in ShowMain

  File "bioxtasraw\RAW.py", line 233, in __init__

  File "bioxtasraw\RAW.py", line 521, in _getIcons

  File "bioxtasraw\SASUtils.py", line 581, in load_DIP_image

wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "strcmp(setlocale(0, 0), "C") == 0" failed at ..\..\src\common\intl.cpp(1694) in wxLocale::GetInfo(): You probably called setlocale() directly instead of using wxLocale and now there is a mismatch between C/C++ and Windows locale.
Things are going to break, please only change locale by creating wxLocale objects to avoid this!

I look forward to hear from you.

Thanks and regards,
Pradeep

Jesse Hopkins

Jun 10, 2022, 7:56:51 AM6/10/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradeep,

In order to help, I’ll need to know what OS you’re trying to run RAW on, and how you’re installing it (from source or from a pre-built package).

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Deputy Director
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

DTD2 LAb

Jun 10, 2022, 10:39:02 AM6/10/22
to BioXTAS RAW
Hi Jesse,

I am installing this on windows 10 pro and I have downloaded (RAW-2.1.3-win64.msi) it from sourceforge.net site. Its a prebuilt package.

Thanks and regards,
Pradeep

Jesse Hopkins

Jun 10, 2022, 11:20:39 AM6/10/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. Do you get the same error with 2.1.1? You can download that here:

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Deputy Director
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

DTD2 LAb

Jun 11, 2022, 1:10:40 AM6/11/22
to BioXTAS RAW
Dear Jesse,

Version 2.1.1 works fine.

Thanks and regards,
Pradeep

Jesse Hopkins

Jun 14, 2022, 1:55:02 PM6/14/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradeep,

So I was able to track down a computer with Windows 10 Pro on it, and 2.1.3 installed and ran without the error. So it's something particular about your setup, it would seem. Is your version of Windows fully updated?

Also, if you're willing, it would be very informative for me if you installed from source, and see if you get the same error. That will help me figure out where the issue is coming from:

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Deputy Director
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

Thanalai Poonsiri

Jun 22, 2022, 6:33:18 PM6/22/22
to BioXTAS RAW
Dear Jesse,

I am trying to run DAMMIF on RAW 2.1.3 (Windows), but it takes forever (no result). Is it because, as you mentioned, RAW is now not compatible with ATSAS 3.1.0, or could it be something else?

Many thanks,
Thanalai:)

Thanalai Poonsiri

Jun 22, 2022, 7:33:54 PM6/22/22
to BioXTAS RAW

I forgot to mention that I also used ATSAS 3.1.0. So, I changed the version and it works OK now.

 Best,
Thanalai

Jesse Hopkins

Jun 23, 2022, 10:53:44 AM6/23/22
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thanalai,

Yes, ATSAS 3.1.0 was released a couple of weeks ago, after the last release of RAW. It contains a number of major changes, and so RAW will not be compatible with it until I've had time to test, modify, and release a new version.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD