[active-choices] Release 1.5.3 almost ready

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Nov 26, 2016, 6:37:31 PM11/26/16
to BioUno Developers
Hi all,

The 1.5.3 release is almost complete. There are three issues already to be shipped in this release. One which will add a popup screen, with the text "Loading". It was a contribution by @feoff3 via pull request. The other adds a way to parse parameters with the = (equals) symbol. And the final one is to remove the log message that a parameter is not a List or a Map (which pollutes a lot logs of Jenkins with active-choices-plugin installed).

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Active+Choices+Plugin#ActiveChoicesPlugin-ReleaseNotes (some times cached, but there should be 3 items listed)

I will release 1.5.3-alpha to the experimental update centre next Friday evening, New Zealand time, and will leave the version available for testing until the 1.5.3 release (possibly first weeks of December). But before that, I would like to include one more issue to the alpha release.

Add configuration parameter, which defines, when filter must started work
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-31625
https://github.com/jenkinsci/active-choices-plugin/pull/13

I tested it locally, all tests pass, and the JavaScript code seems to work fine. The Java part also doesn't seem to add any regressions. So unless there are objections related to the UI change, I'm happy with merging the pull request.

@Ioannis, could you take a look at the Jenkins issue? I think you raised some concerns in your last comment there.

Besides these issues, if you would like to have any feature or bug included in the 1.5.3 release, feel free to post here, or ping the issues/pull requests.

Cheers
Bruno

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Nov 28, 2016, 6:38:45 AM11/28/16
to BioUno Developers, brunod...@yahoo.com.br
Thanks for the new release Bruno! Back in the office today after the Thanksgiving holiday in the US.
I will do some testing and provide feedback as needed.

Best regards
Ioannis

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Nov 30, 2016, 1:00:48 AM11/30/16
to Ioannis Moutsatsos, BioUno Developers
That's great Ioannis. Hope you enjoyed the holiday :-)

The tests to prevent the regressions that happened in 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 are ready

https://github.com/jenkinsci/active-choices-plugin/blob/eee4a2d144dca50f3dbb877cc02a48a96363972c/src/test/java/org/biouno/unochoice/TestPersistingParameters.java

The first test guarantees we can save a parameter with a Groovy script, and then the config.xml will contain the saved script.

And the second test guarantees that we can save a Scriptler parameter with parameters, and then the script will be persisted by Scriptler and when later loaded, it will contain the given parameters and the script.

With that, it should be a bit easier to keep backward compatibility.

Now I think we just need to review that pending pull request, and we are ready to release to the experimental update centre, and later to the main update centre.

Cheers
Bruno