About Active Choices Plugin: Missing License

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Sep 9, 2016, 2:52:15 PM9/9/16
to BioUno Developers
The best way to access 3rd Party OSS Dependencies is by accessing the About page within your own Jenkins instance: http://jenkins_url:jenkins_port/about/

The bottom of the page lists all of the installed plugins and you can review their license by clicking on the provided link.

However, the Active-Choices plugin does not include a license. Perhaps the formatting of the license file on GitHub is wrong?

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Sep 9, 2016, 5:56:10 PM9/9/16
to biouno-d...@googlegroups.com
Oh, good catch Ioannis.

Might be easy to fix, probably by looking at one of the other plug-ins that correctly display a license.

I'm looking at our testing server, and the Mailer Plug-in displays the MIT License correctly in the about page. By clicking on the plug-in name, and going to the Wiki page, the source code points to https://github.com/jenkinsci/mailer-plugin

The mailer-plugin does not have a LICENSE.txt. So I suspect what we are missing is the <license> tag in pom.xml.

Hopefully that should add the correct license after the next release.

Thanks
Bruno