R-Plugin: Improvements

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Jul 13, 2016, 12:20:58 PM7/13/16
to BioUno Developers
As I start planning for the upcoming hangout I thought I would put down a few specific things that come to mind.

Recently I had to wrap an Rcmd script in a groovy script so that I could pass it parameters that were defined in Jenkins.
This is because the script already had a command line interface and could take several arguments. I did not want to modify it.

It would be convenient if the R-Plugin supported a Script Parameters option similar to the groovy plugin

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Jul 13, 2016, 5:41:45 PM7/13/16
to biouno-d...@googlegroups.com
+1 Ioannis

Probably working on the Scriptler plug-in, to add support for other programming languages, would fix this issue.

But your description of what you did gave me an alternative implementation. In case it's not possible, or too hard, to add support to other programming languages, maybe we could still add a feature in Scriptler to run other programming languages through Groovy.

So Scriptler would still support parameters and Groovy scripts, but allow you to list scripts in any language. Then it would run the scripts with Groovy, executing R, Python, etc :)

Good to have different alternatives when proposing this kind of epic change to a plug-in.

Thanks
Bruno

ps: if anyone is interested, our Hangout is open for others to join, and will happen on 27th July 08:00 PM UTC via Google Hangouts