One more experiment with AC v1.5.1 still fails

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Nov 11, 2016, 11:16:37 AM11/11/16
to BioUno Developers
After failing to get v1.5.1 to work correctly on a Jenkins server that had seen a v1.5.0 version I decided to un-install the AC plugin, removed the uno-choice folder in the plugins folder and then continued as follows:
  1. Restart Jenkins server (v 2.19.2)
  2. Install AC plugin v1.4
  3. Restart server
  4. Manually install AC v1.5.1 from 'Advanced tab' as my server does not yet see the v1.5.1 from the update site
  5. Restart server
  6. Open the configuration of a job with AC parameters and save it
  7. Open job build form
  8. RESULT (failed): AC script parameters are LOST

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Nov 11, 2016, 7:04:45 PM11/11/16
to biouno-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ioannis,

The 1.5.1 should be available from the update site I think. At least the Confluence macro is displaying it https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Active+Choices+Plugin

Could you confirm the parameters are not in the job config.xml?

When you install 1.4, you might be able to look at the job config.xml and assert that the parameters are there, even after saving the job with 1.4.

Then upgrading to 1.5.1, you can save the job again, and the XML should be almost the same, except by the script being wrapped in a tag that belongs to the script-security-plugin.

Cheers
Bruno